• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Astro hydroboost return line fitting size?

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I know this is here but after sorting through endless threads I can't find it. My return line from the H-boost to the reservoir was leaking a little so I was tightening up the fitting and it broke. I had cobbled together a 90 degree turn at the hydroboost to clear my valve cover and I cant find a replacement fitting for the one I broke. The fitting is smaller than 1/8" and that's the smallest I'm finding. I'm considering just taping for the 1/4" but want to see if anyone knows the correct size first. I wish I could remember where I got the fitting I used the first time.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
As mine is a 3/16 size but it is a Gen 1 hydroboost. A gen 2 hydroboost (astro) would have a metric fitting. Ask Madgyver, he is my source for hboost from the Astro van. If anyone knows it is him or Todd Zuecher .
TOFIC

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I figured it would be metric but I had hoped somebody knew the size off hand. The good news is that I keep all of the odds and ends from most of my Bronco projects. I did a little digging through my parts bins and by some stroke of luck, I found the original nipple fitting that was on the Hydroboost. It might not be ideal but I can make it work until I can find the fitting I need.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I figured it would be metric but I had hoped somebody knew the size off hand. The good news is that I keep all of the odds and ends from most of my Bronco projects. I did a little digging through my parts bins and by some stroke of luck, I found the original nipple fitting that was on the Hydroboost. It might not be ideal but I can make it work until I can find the fitting I need.

The fitting size is 5/16-24. You can see more details about it in this link (at the bottom):

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/hose_fittings.html

Todd Z.