• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Atlas cable shifter mounting options

Capt.junk&crap

Loc.
Bristol
I am trying to figure out how to mount the cable shifter in my Bronco. It has a zf5 speed, which is pretty long but I don't have the adapter plate. I traded in the original shifter because I didn't want to cut a giant hole in my new floor. I also have a 1 inch body lift.

Does anyone else have this shifter? And if so, how did you mount it. Can I see some pictures? I am going to call Advance Adapters in the morning. Their tech support has been very helpful and nice in the past. The only picture I am able to find is the Nightmare Bronco with dash mount and with tunnel mount.

Thanks!

Matt

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I have that shifter. I flush mounted it to the floor, the cables are on the bottom side of the tub. I have a C4 trans with a 2” body lift. I’ll get some pics up soon.

Mark

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The shifter box is bolted to a plate that has nuts tack welded to the under side. The plate gets bolted to the tunnel with the four screws in the corners. Then the shifter box is bolted to the plate. Just enough room to flush mount with the C4 and 2” body lift.

Mark

Attachments

• A4D22FAA-F382-41B2-9F93-352AC446C640.jpg
    A4D22FAA-F382-41B2-9F93-352AC446C640.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 87

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
The shifter box is bolted to a plate that has nuts tack welded to the under side. The plate gets bolted to the tunnel with the four screws in the corners. Then the shifter box is bolted to the plate. Just enough room to flush mount with the C4 and 2” body lift.

Mark

That's exactly what I did and where I placed my cable shifter. It fit pretty good into the existing Dana 20 hole, but I had to trim it a little.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I am trying to figure out how to mount the cable shifter in my Bronco. The only picture I am able to find is the Nightmare Bronco with dash mount and with tunnel mount.

Thanks!

Matt

Whatever you do don't mount it like the Mare in the dash. That was a bad idea. It was changed long ago. Looks like I have to replace another pic on the site.;D. The problem with the dash mount is you have way less leverage trying to shift up/down instead of forward/back. The Bling has a much better mount. See pic. It's custom we just made it up as we built it.

Jim

Attachments

• 5145_1860_popup.jpg
    5145_1860_popup.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 54