• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Atlas Shifter Locations Questions....

M

Miley

Hey All,

I'm having a hell of a time with my twin stick on the Atlas. I'm beginning to think they sent me universal shifters instead of Bronco shifters. I cannot get the "sticks" to be on the left or right side of the left crease of the tunnel. In other words, they are not sticking out of the side or the top of tunnel, rather right in the middle of both. If I rotate them one way or the other, they seem to bind.

Any pics or suggestion. I wish I had the moolah for the cable shifters!

Miley

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
Miley said:
Hey All,

I'm having a hell of a time with my twin stick on the Atlas. I'm beginning to think they sent me universal shifters instead of Bronco shifters. I cannot get the "sticks" to be on the left or right side of the left crease of the tunnel. In other words, they are not sticking out of the side or the top of tunnel, rather right in the middle of both. If I rotate them one way or the other, they seem to bind.

Any pics or suggestion. I wish I had the moolah for the cable shifters!

Miley

Yup, that is where they throw. Right in the middle. At least that is where they did on mine. I just bent the boot plate to fit and screwed it in and never had an issue with it.