• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Attempt to make it to GORE

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Ok, just a brief update... I can not say enough about the guys that came over this weekend and helped out. Mike, Rob and Pete I with their help we aaccomplished more than I was ever able to accomplish in three years. I am not sure that I will even make it to Gore with my Bronco but this does not mean I will not continue to try.

THANK YOU AGAIN GUYS.

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Ok, just a brief update... I can not say enough about the guys that came over this weekend and helped out. Mike, Rob and Pete I with their help we aaccomplished more than I was ever able to accomplish in three years. I am not sure that I will even make it to Gore with my Bronco but this does not mean I will not continue to try.

THANK YOU AGAIN GUYS.

Jason, glad to hear that you were able to get some guys over to help. What were you able to get done? Any pics?

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Of all the people who knows what it feels like to recieve that kind of help I do. I was MEB's first recipient of the Wrench and Roast and now my Bronco has made it the last 2 years. Even if you don't make Gore with the Bronco doesn't mean you can't still come. There is always an empty seat somewhere. How much more is needed?

rtj731

Jason,
You are more than welcome to ride along with me, if you can't bring your bronco
(and dive some)
Jay

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Front Drive shaft installed (rear is to short), New u-joints installed, torque converter installed, new dash with custom gauge configuration, wiring is 98% complete, headlights cut out, tail light housings cut out and installed installed side markers, installed turn signals... I am sure I am missing a few things. I will post the pictures I took when I get a chance.

There were several issues with my tub that took longer to do then it would notmally take. I have cage issues, taligate issues but I think I am getting their with the knowledge of the guys.

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Of all the people who knows what it feels like to recieve that kind of help I do. I was MEB's first recipient of the Wrench and Roast and now my Bronco has made it the last 2 years. Even if you don't make Gore with the Bronco doesn't mean you can't still come. There is always an empty seat somewhere. How much more is needed?

Allen, you are so right... I can not believe that people I didn't even know at the time were willing to help me.

Just to be clear this is not the "official WRENCH and ROAST".

Jason

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Jason,
You are more than welcome to ride along with me, if you can't bring your bronco
(and dive some)
Jay

Jay, thanks I may take you up on that ride. I will be there with or without the Bronco.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
sounds like you got a BUNCH of stuff completed. I may have to throw one of those down here is south alabama. I have a TON of parts waiting to go on.....just need the man power. Already been talking to my bronco buddys and they are interested.

If we have one here, I hope to have as much success as you did

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Nice work guys, a little support goes a long way. Jason, i have empty seat most likely as well.....

Cip68

Loc.
Harleysville
Jason, it was great to meet you and your family this weekend. I hope I can give you some more time this week, I'll let you know. Anyone else want to get a little dirty?

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Allen, you are so right... I can not believe that people I didn't even know at the time were willing to help me.

Just to be clear this is not the "official WRENCH and ROAST".

Jason

You helped me when it was my time, you and your family were awesome for making the trip up here to help me strip that explorer...

The brotherhood is alive and well, I'm just sorry that I coulnd't make it.

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
JDJ, one thing is for sure. The people I have meet along my bronco endeavor are by far the best group of people (guys and gals) that I have ever meet. The three guys that came over were people that I had never meet and they busted their @$$ to help me. I am forever in debt to them and will try my best to keep the loyalty to helping others as well.

sounds like you got a BUNCH of stuff completed. I may have to throw one of those down here is south alabama. I have a TON of parts waiting to go on.....just need the man power. Already been talking to my bronco buddys and they are interested.

If we have one here, I hope to have as much success as you did

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Thanks Randy.

Pete just called and said he may have about 4 hours he can give me again this Saturday. Looks like I may get closer either way... Anyone else open this weekend?

Nice work guys, a little support goes a long way. Jason, i have empty seat most likely as well.....

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Pete, is was awesome to meet you as well. Thanks a million for all the help and I will see you this weekend.

Jason, it was great to meet you and your family this weekend. I hope I can give you some more time this week, I'll let you know. Anyone else want to get a little dirty?

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Steve,

It was my pleasure helping out, but as you know if it were not for you I wouldn't have an engine sitting in my POS. You have helped me get that much closer..

You helped me when it was my time, you and your family were awesome for making the trip up here to help me strip that explorer...

The brotherhood is alive and well, I'm just sorry that I coulnd't make it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
It's a tremendous cycle this thing they call the brotherhood....Good luck jason, you're in the home stretch now!

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I can't believe it. After I dismantled the Bronco Jan of 08 I have moved it I several pieces to three state and started thinking this would be (and it still may) the only project I would ever have for the rest of my life. Thanks to all of you who have helped bring my moral up on this bathtub white beauty.

The bronco IS ALIVE. it ran for about a minute last night.