• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Autobody work with oscillating saw?

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ordered an oscillating saw today and have some floor pans to replace.

I have always used angle grinders and reciprocating saws for these, but wondering in these are up to the task for cutting lots of sheet metal?
Or are the more for just cutting a random bolt.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Never used on for auto body seams like a slow path to getting the job done. I used it to cut plastic plumbing inside walls and to take apart pallets while trying to save wood. that is about it.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
They work well on wood. Even then they feed back on the user with difficult to overcome vibration. I've only used them with metal to cut off bolts in concrete. That did work.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Had to look up oscillating saw, in my house that thing is known as "The most Awesome tool ever"/

Might have issue clamping metal tight to keep it from vibrating, but honestly the awesome tool is just an air powered chisel which they do use to rip panels off, albeit smaller. I'd try a 2x4 as a brace under the tool to keep metal from moving.