• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Automatic column shift arm

abrdn419

Contributor
Does anyone know where to get a replacement shift arm? I currently have auto floor shifter and want to move back to a column shift.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is there anything else missing in the column? Or was it just the upper arm/lever that was removed?
Figured I better check in case you end up needing more than just the shift lever.

And speaking of semantics… Are you speaking of the shift arm/rod between the column and the transmission under the hood by any chance? Or just the arm/lever up at the steering wheel on the column?
Or maybe both! :)

And what year is your bronco? Just wondering if it originally came with an automatic, or maybe it had been swapped in later at the same time the shifter was put on the floor.

OP
OP
A

abrdn419

Contributor
The arm on the column by the steering wheel. Just need the arm is all. It is a 77 and 20 years ago I removed it when I put in the B&M shifter. The crap you think are cool when you are young change as you get older...lol

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I bought mine from Northeast, linked in previous. You're a better person than I am if you saved all your other parts! I mangled my collar so I had the replace that. I'd still say you will need new set pin and rubber grommet, and make sure you have the spring and screw.

Rbuddy98

Contributor
Go to your local auto wreckers and pull one off a 67-77 Ford truck. They only charge $10-20 for them.

Rbuddy98

Contributor
I have picked several at my local pick n pull. They are out there.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
All you have to do here is drive around in the country and you can find a plethora of junkyards, or as I prefer to call them, “shopping centers”. Lol. Granted, the larger yards don’t have earlier than mid 2000s but there are yards here that only stock the vintage models.

Randy

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have picked several at my local pick n pull. They are out there.
your local yard may have them, but 99% of junkyards don't stock anything that old, much less one local to the person happening to be looking for that part.

Want to help the guy? Go pull one for him and ship it to him for $50. He gets the part for less than ebay pricing, you help an EB owner out, and make a few dollars to boot.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We’re just upset because they keep closing Pick-n-Pulls around here. And those that are left, have long since scrapped out their old stuff.
Wasn’t long ago we could get that kind of thing and a lot more around here “in the big city” so to speak, too.
Going the way of the Gooneybird, as we used to say… 😩

OP
OP
A

abrdn419

Contributor
I can't think of any yards around me that would have one, but I know of a few tree rows with Fords. I think I know most of the owners. Does anyone know if it has to be from a pickup or would an old 70's Tbird have the same column shift handle? I saved everything from the old column except that for some reason. thanks guys.

rixtasan

Contributor
Did you ever find what you were looking for? I might have a spare.