• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Automatic shifter

bralston

I have a automatic transmission that was put in my bronco before I bought it. I don't like the Hurst shifter , it's new but I don't care for the way it shifts. Also it's right b/w the driver seats and I can't put a console in b/w the seats.

I have considered putting a lokar in and mounting it next to the J-shifter or putting it back original. Anyone now how hard it would be to put the shifter back in the column or any other ideas??

Brad

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I'm running a B&M truck megashifter that I like a lot better than the Hurst it replaced. That doesn't help you with a console though. Personally I don't like column shifts because they can be a headache if the body flexes. The position of my floor shifter was out of necessity because I need to be able to reach it with a 5 point harness holding me down tight in the seat. This of course means any console I put there will need to be a custom design. I do plan to put one there eventually though. Probably as soon as I get cables ordered for me transfer case shifters to replace them. (I plan to replace the 3 shifters with push/pull cables instead that will allow me to put them anywhere I want)

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
The Art Carr shifter is the only aftermarket that I'd consider.

The Hurst and B&M's that I've used don't come close to functioning as well, or as smoothly.

8353.jpg

Wild Horses catalog #8353