• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Autometer water temp gauge help

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I don't know what type of fitting or line that is used is on the back of my autometer ultra light water temp gauge... nothing on autometers except bronze tubing which makes sense, but the old gauge i have has a bronze line inside a rubber coating of some sort.

Anyway, can I fix this gauge with new line to the back of the gauge? it seems like it was a once time use or something, which would make me regret having to cut it to remove the dash :(

Attachments

• P6090054.jpg
    P6090054.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I hate to tell you your gauge is junk.
The mecanical gauges like that have a capilary tube that goes into the intake. Once the line is cut they are junk

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
bummer, i thought so- will look into what you found, 76 bronco J. at least there was a lesson learned. Thanks for all the info gents!