• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Auxiliary tank filler vent hose

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Wow. Nice and clean! Big difference. What year?

'69... Original didn't have a vent so we had to drill a hole in the frame support that the hoses pass through. It took us three passes of putting the tank in, taking it out X3 to get it right. 3 hours and 2 beers each. ;D

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
You are correct, its a PCV replacement. I found it on the shelf at Autozone, and it was $12. It fit exactly the angle i needed between the tank and the filler vent. No kinking because it was the perfect shape. One side seemed to be slightly smaller diameter than the other and I used that side on the tank. Slight touch of petroleum jelly, and it slipped right on both sides without removing the tank (again). Standard hose clamps both sides. I should have taken some pictures before I left the shop. I'll post some tomorrow.
I picked one up Friday night as well. Last one they had in stock. Ford wants $15 for the same piece.

Haven't gotten a chance to put it on yet though. Thanks for finding it! Tried filling up the tank? If it still doesn't let you go full power see if flipping the nozzle upside down changes it

OP
OP
Jeff76

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
I picked one up Friday night as well. Last one they had in stock. Ford wants $15 for the same piece.

Haven't gotten a chance to put it on yet though. Thanks for finding it! Tried filling up the tank? If it still doesn't let you go full power see if flipping the nozzle upside down changes it

Nope not yet. I've got a bunch of things to do, and since I'm working on it, I'm not putting a ton of miles on it to burn a tank of gas. Don't really feel like draining it again, so it's going to be a while. I have a fuel vapor lock or something like that that I'm tying to track down. Cuts out when engine gets hot. This one doesn't have the carb spacer, so it might be fuel boiling in the carb. Probably going to have to take it back out to rerun fuel lines if a carb spacer doesnt solve my problems.

As far as filling the front tank, I can go full power on my other '76. It just requires tilting the nozzle a bit towards the drivers door. With good airflow, it will work fine.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Sounds good, Ill get mine filled up in a week or two so Ill let you know if theres any problems

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Got the line on. Perfect length! Thanks again

Haven't filled it up though since I'm in the middle of redoing the rear tank

Attachments

• IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 39

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Wasnt quite empty but I was tired of wondering how it would fill. It was just under 1/4 tank so I stopped to fill it up. Put the nozzle in normally and began to pump. Went pretty much full blast for a solid 4-4.5 gallons. Had to go half speed for the last 2-3 gallons until it was full but it filled much better than before. I was too nervous to lock the pump on full in case it came shooting out. Few more fill ups and I should be comfortable enough to do it. Thanks again

OP
OP
Jeff76

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Wasnt quite empty but I was tired of wondering how it would fill. It was just under 1/4 tank so I stopped to fill it up. Put the nozzle in normally and began to pump. Went pretty much full blast for a solid 4-4.5 gallons. Had to go half speed for the last 2-3 gallons until it was full but it filled much better than before. I was too nervous to lock the pump on full in case it came shooting out. Few more fill ups and I should be comfortable enough to do it. Thanks again

Same here. Filled mine up with 6 gallons, no problem. Ran it all day yesterday on the aux tank. Let's see how the PCV rubber holds up to the fuel over time, because I know it will slosh around and come into contact with that vent on a regular basis.