• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

axle shafts

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Probably about the same although I've never heard of anyone with them yet. but basically they are a division of motive gear which does have a pretty good name. If you look at most companies that sell axle shafts and the specs they are all pretty much the same. Not 100% sure but I dont think Warn makes axles anymore.

OP
OP
T

travisneville

i found a set of 10Factory axle shafts for $500. not sure if this is a good price or just get the yukons for $300 and save the extra $$$.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Seems way to high of a price are you talking about front axle shafts or rear? Its probably about right for fronts

OP
OP
T

travisneville

there for the front and that includes shipping. the axles also have a 10 year warranty.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Keep in mind Yukon has a warranty as well. Just ask the people who get tired of using it. Warranty doesn't mean it is a good part.

From years of dealing with this stuff I generally narrow front axles into 3 classes.
Stock EB stuff that will fail at the U-joint when pushed hard enough.
Stock big U-joint Spicer/Dana axles do remarkable well and are as good as the cheapy aftermarket stuff.
Then the high end real nice axles.

One of the big things with front axles is the U-joints. Skimp there and the extra money into the axle is a complete waste. Axle U-joints are not a safety fuse, they are an explosive gernade. Blow an axle U-joint and nearly every time it will bend the ears of the axles beyond use.

Rear axles are another bread. It is hard to find someone bad enough to screw those up. Once you get above the stock 28 spline all is good. The 28 splines tend to be problematic. Twisting is common. Going to a hardened 28 and the shaft goes from twist to shatter.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Warn's out of the axle shaft business. Their tooling was bought by Yukon is part of their Hardcore series.
Yukon slightly better than stock EB axles.
10Factory is quickly getting a name for having shafts as good as Superior Evolution series. They also have good customer service.

OP
OP
T

travisneville

if the 10factory shafts are as good as evos, i guess its worth the money. also i would be installing a set of yukon gold ujoints into the axle shafts. would this hold up well with 36" tires and a detroit locker. bronco is used 100% offroad, mostly crawling and hillclimbing.