• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

axle wedge problems

chris

No more Rock Crawler
My daughter was standing on the front bumper last night (why do kids do these things?) so I asked her to jump up and down so I could check under the truck to see if anything was loose and what do I find? The rear axle U bolts are loose and the axle is rocking back and forth. Took out the impact wrench (love that thing) and tightned them up.

I noticed the aluminum shims look like the button that goes through the axle spring mount are shearing off, Does anyone make steel shims that I could tack weld on?

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
I think I will cut off the sping perch and weld on new ones at the right angle. Might as well do it right.

Besides no self respecting Bronco owner puts a Heep part on the truck. ;D