• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

back from schieb

eudaman

before...
broncoa.jpg

after...
broncop2.jpg

broncop1.jpg

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
C'mon! You can't tease w/ pics and then not give any info. How much was is? How does it look up close? Did they do interior too? How did you deliver it to them? (ie. did you do all the prep work or let them do it?)

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Scheib isnt too bad when you do all the prep work, I was real happy with the job they did on my halfcab. Looks good!

OP
OP
E

eudaman

it looks sexy from about 10-20 paces...once you are closer you can see her pimples however. its metallic aluminum silver i believe schieb calls the color. could have used more sanding, there are some rough spots, but the rig was pretty rough before getting it in. they actually did a great job on fixing some big gouges/tears i had on the hood, and surprisingly they did a good job on the gapping in the doors and hood. also they painted my dashboard....they had never done this before at this shop...but did a nice job on it and fixed my homemade weld job glove box to actually look smooth. there are some pock marks, runs, and what not however as well. id give them a C+ alltogether, and an A- on the hood, and a B on the interior. Also they sprayed my tailgate with some type of black lining. and all door gaps and what not painted....even underside of hood and the underside of the shell. the shell had loads of rust on it, hopefully it lasts me a few years, the truck doesnt have much rust but DOES have lots of bondo from previous mystery ailments. ill get a pic of the dash and post...here is another for now:

broncop3.jpg

OP
OP
E

eudaman

all told, including doing the body work and painting body, shell, dash, jams, etc, with an extra clearcoat.....$1050.

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
That sounds like a pretty good deal to me! So did they repair/replace the rocker panels also?

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Awesome! Man that looks nice. Love the two tone colors. You get what you pay for with them, but that's exactly what most of us need for our broncos. If you do all the prep yourself, its a real good deal. Makes me want to go out right now and do some body work on mine!

On second thought, naaaaaaah.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Looks very good. Seems like a good price for all the work you got done. I've used Maaco several times and if you prep pretty well, they can lay it on very good. Shops like Maaco and Sheib probably get more practice actually shooting paint then most body shops since they run the vehicles through really fast!

But bottom line is your Bronco looks awesome now. :)

rixtasan

Contributor
I really like the way you're rig is turning out!! It looks alot like mine. Check my gallery, my rig was even the same colors as your rig before the new paint!! Kinda like 6 degrees..................Good Luck finding those flares!!;D ;D