• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Back from the paint shop!

fbronco86

Loc.
Houston
I am getting close to getting my bronco back on the street. Just need to put it all back together..

Attachments

• IMG_1240 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1240 (Medium).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_1242 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1242 (Medium).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1243 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1243 (Medium).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 223

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Very nice - more details. What kind of paint? SS or Base/Clear?

OP
OP
fbronco86

fbronco86

Loc.
Houston
Very nice - more details. What kind of paint? SS or Base/Clear?

Its shopline (by ppg) paint base/clear coat system. The color is gun metal gray. They put 3 coats of clear on it or thats whay they told me.

I got the dash painted the same color as well. The roll bar and bumpers will be gloss black. I got a set of rear flares coming in if it looks bad I will get a set for the front as well..

This is the before pic..

Attachments

• IMG_1017 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1017 (Small).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 66

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Will you be painting the flares to match? If so, I think it will look nice, if you leave it black it might look strange without the front matching.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
very nice....can't wait to see it all back together!

Premium Concept

Nice pick of color! from a distance it looks like they did a really clean job too!

One question? Why only flares on the back? Not that it is a bad thing, but I don't know if that would make the rig look "offbalanced" for lack of a better term.

OP
OP
fbronco86

fbronco86

Loc.
Houston
upol update

Upol raptor update!

I shot the inside of the tub with upol rapor last weekend turned out real nice. I broke the gun that the kit came with my fault. I ended up using the HF texture gun. I set the gun pressure at 25 psi and went to work. I did the coating in two passes. The first pass I held the gun about 12" away to get better coverage. My second pass I held the gun 12"-24" to get the texture that I wanted.

I really like the finish of the upol it has texture but its somewhat smooth. This is alot better than the hurculiner that I had in my old 86 bronco.

Attachments

• bronco_raptor.jpg
    bronco_raptor.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 108

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've always thought that was one of the best looking colors on an EB. Congrats and look forward to seeing some more pics of it come together.

redneck0372

Loc.
Lebanon,OR
Upol raptor update!

I shot the inside of the tub with upol rapor last weekend turned out real nice. I broke the gun that the kit came with my fault. I ended up using the HF texture gun. I set the gun pressure at 25 psi and went to work. I did the coating in two passes. The first pass I held the gun about 12" away to get better coverage. My second pass I held the gun 12"-24" to get the texture that I wanted.

I really like the finish of the upol it has texture but its somewhat smooth. This is alot better than the hurculiner that I had in my old 86 bronco.
thats how im going to do mine when time comes somewhat smooth but i want just a little bit of texture but not too much

OP
OP
fbronco86

fbronco86

Loc.
Houston
Been working on it a little more....

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 34
  • flare.jpg
    flare.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 37

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
That looks great! Congrats. I like the color as well. I'm also in the process of putting mine back together after paint and it's taking a while. The big problem is all my old crusty parts look ridiculous up against the fresh paint. You know... cheap things like bumpers, wheels and tires, etc. ;)

How soft is the Raptor bedliner? My concern about most liners used in pickups is how they feel like sandpaper. Also, did you go up on the bedrails or stop just short of them? Will you be putting a top back on?

Keep up the progress pics.

OP
OP
fbronco86

fbronco86

Loc.
Houston
That looks great! Congrats. I like the color as well. I'm also in the process of putting mine back together after paint and it's taking a while. The big problem is all my old crusty parts look ridiculous up against the fresh paint. You know... cheap things like bumpers, wheels and tires, etc. ;)

How soft is the Raptor bedliner? My concern about most liners used in pickups is how they feel like sandpaper. Also, did you go up on the bedrails or stop just short of them? Will you be putting a top back on?

Keep up the progress pics.

The Raptor is hard like the linex but has a smooth texture to it. I did not shoot the top of the bed rails I was concerned about the hard top sealing? I have a hard top but I will probably go with a soft top my hard top needs some work...