• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Badlands or Wildtrack?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So I have been considering upgrading from my 2 door Black Diamond to a 4 door again. Yeah I know the 2door is better looking but the 4 door is really more practical. Every time I drive my wifes 4 door I notice the ride is little better with the longer wheel base, the fuel tank is larger so a little more range, the soft top is more functional to make it open air then the hard top, and of course the rear storage area is much more usable. yeah I can always drive hers but I want my own.

I had a 4 door Badlands briefly in 2022 that I traded for the two door Black Diamond I have now, Yeah I know dumb! But it wasnt a SAS package and I didnt think i needed two 4 doors. After nearly two years of owning it I kind of wish I had the 4 door again.

I really like the options that come on the Badlands with the SAS package, but I have heard the Wildtrack has a better suspension package. Both would be an upgrade from the Black Diamond and I want the factory SAS package as I would like to upgrade wheels and tires in the future. When I build them out on the Ford site typically the Badlands ends up being a little more than the Wild track. The Wild track doesnt have the front sway bar disconnect and no rock rails or full metal skid plates standard but I know you can add them. I would get the 2.7 no matter what model (my 2 door has it and it way nicer than the 2.3) Auto trans is what I want so again available on either model. Soft top I prefer but I may get both tops. I like some of the plush/tech options of the Wildtrack but that is also scary as its just more crap to break! I really would like to take a trip out west in the next few years and do some mild trails along the way. So thats another reason I am considering the upgrade.

What model would you choose and why?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
My wife's 22' 2D Badlands with sasq has been great, 2.7l with 47k miles now. If you're not going to actually crawl rocks and get in the dirt or sand, there's no reason not to get the Wildtrak imo. They changed around the suspension offerings last year on the Badlands iirc. It may be better now and include the HOSS 3.0 like the Wildtrak? Don't quote me on that lol

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
The Badlands has the Hoss 2.0 suspension, but I believe both have the heavier steering rack now.
I am entering that same thought process ep67bro. I turned 65 and I'm going to throw a new set of tires on my 1974 and who knows, it might be its last set.

I have a question, is the 4-door any harder to get into than the 2-door? The 2-door door looks a lot bigger.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The 6G 2D door length is 48 1/2" above the door handle. Not sure about the 4 door front door.

77Bronco636

We have a Wildtrack and a Raptor, and I have driven several Badlands. The suspension is way better on the Wildtrack compared to the Badlands (can tell the difference immediately) and of course the Raptor is way better then the Wildtrack (night and day, but the Raptor is a different platform all together). The comparison was on all 4 door models, but I did drive a 2 door Badlands and I did like it, but is not practical for our family right now. The 2.0 to 3.0 to 4.0 suspension all follow suit. The 3.0 and 4.0 are designed to ride better at higher speeds (more off road desert style). Hope this helps a bit. Id see if you can test drive some at a dealer so you can compare yourself.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I have a Badsquatch and love it! But the choice is better ride or sway bar disconnect. Sway bar disconnect is helpful for the max 5% of the time you actually wheel it as opposed to a better ride 100% of the time. Choose well!

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Thanks for all the input guys.
Yes the two door has the larger door and is a little easier to get in and out of. But its not a big deal. I am 6ft tall and about 225 so I am not small guy. The door size wouldnt be a factor in picking what model for me.

I think I am going to swing by a dealer and drive a Wild track. I know how the Badlands rides since I had one back in 2022 for about 4 months. It was noticeably better than the Black Diamond. I would love a Raptor but the extra 20 to 30 K for one just dosent make sense. I just cant justify the cost I will most likely never run a Desert or go to Baja with it. It also is too tall to fit in my home garage. The cheapest Raptor I found around me was a 2023 left over for 85K and it was about as bare bones as you can get a Raptor plus I would want one with the body color painted flares, this one didnt have that.

I dove my wifes 4 door again over the weekend and I really am leaning towards getting a four door. Problem I have now is finding one in a color I want! I really love the Hot Pepper Red Metallic but it is a hard color to find and when you narrow it down to a Badlands SAS or Wildtrack the chances of finding one gets even smaller! Second choice would be silver then that Green color. Oh well as my Dad always says I am in a good position because I really don't need to do anything!! LOL