• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bahama Blues: Extensive camper work has begun

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
O.k. Been working on this about every night and finally was able to drive it to work. I got the windshield installed and went over today and had the button for the rear view mirror installed. Still plenty to do but getting closer. Here are a couple phone pics. More pics to follow with some better write-up.

2013-06-04_13-16-29_582_zps1f673f43.jpg

2013-06-04_13-16-12_385_zps84ae1110.jpg

2013-06-04_13-16-01_496_zps4a12ccef.jpg

Henry

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
Beautiful ride and the saddle for the steering did go out today! P.S. I still think you need a 68 Lemans also.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Beautiful ride and the saddle for the steering did go out today! P.S. I still think you need a 68 Lemans also.

I would enjoy the Lemans but I would have to be single to have it because my wife is about at the end of her rope after this build. ;D Denver I really appreciate you following up with me and getting me that saddle. I will be working on the steering on Saturday.

Henry

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
looking very good. how did she drive?

I need to center the front axle and get the steering set correctly this Saturday. Heading over to a friends to get everything set and hopefully ready for some regular speed cruising.

Henry

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Well the bronco is getting closer to finished. Just a few more things left to do to get it the way I wanted. I have a set of 15x10 classic slots to clean up and install. I have a hard top to clean up and install for the winter. The last big thing will be saving up for gearing, axle shafts and lockers. Then it will just be some fun tweaking.

IMG_2192_zpscaff4079.jpg~original

Installed the Bestop soft top this fall. Works well and fits in the garage.

IMG_2193_zps927637e4.jpg~original

Hard top ready to clean up and put on the bronco.

Henry

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Bahama Blue's build thread

Made a tire carrier for the Logan's bumper.

CAM00046_zpselslyrdb.jpg

CAM00045_zpskiumlev2.jpg

I need to do some work on the hard top this summer. Needs cleaned up and repainted. Also need to work on a million other little things. Today it is in the mid 30's and it feels like summer compared to the single digits we have had this winter. I drove the bronco to work and washed off the grime from wheeling in West Branch. Feels good to be behind the wheel.;D

Henry

Last edited:

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Looking good. Get her ready for summer. Its coming I promise. ;D

Made a tire carrier for the Logan's bumper.

CAM00046_zpselslyrdb.jpg

CAM00045_zpskiumlev2.jpg

I need to do some work on the hard top this summer. Needs cleaned up and repainted. Also need to work on a million other little things. Today it is in the mid 30's and it feels like summer compared to the single digits we have had this winter. I drove the bronco to work and washed off the grime from wheeling in West Branch. Feels good to be behind the wheel.;D

Henry

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
It felt like spring today for sure. Looking forward to another chance to hang out and play with our big boys toys.
I am still laughing at one of the non bronco guys out at the snow run. He says"I don't get it you guys spent all this time putting together 40-year-old trucks just to tear them up."

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Well the bronco had not been running well at all. It ran great at about 1/3 throttle but any more than that it just fell on its face. So today I pulled the tank and replaced the fuel pump, put the bronco back together and took her for a ride. Wow, I forgot how good if feels to drive the bronco. It really gets up and goes when all is in correct working order. Ran a couple errands and got some complements from a few people. I am going to install some door speakers and I still need to re-gear the axles. At least its ready to drive to Broncorama next month. Had so much fun driving the bronco today. I let a friend use my truck because his is in the shop. I had a old guy in a jeep riding my ass on the way home the other night. I so bad wanted to be able to stomp on it and leave him in the dust but with the old fuel pump it was not meant to be. I hope to see him again soon on the same road.;D I sold the Bestop soft top and will be getting a rampage top soon. It was a great day here in Michigan to work on and drive the bronco.

Henry

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Well I have been working my ass off at work lately so I decided it was time for a treat for the bronco. I ordered the Hellwig stabilizer bar with the quick disconnects. Should be here on Friday and hopefully install this weekend. I also ordered the Duffs coil buckets. Figured while I have it apart I might as well install them too. I will post pics and progress as it goes along. I hope this will give the bronco a more stable feeling while cruising at higher speeds.

Hank

Louie

Bronco Guru
Hey Hank! I haven't been on here in a while. It's nice to see you got it done! Beautiful job man!

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
So I have been looking for a small camper to pull behind the bronco and I finally found one. I picked up a 1985 Coleman Colorado in Utica New York. My wife and I hopped in the truck on Friday and drove up into Canada and spent the night at Niagara Falls. We got up in the morning and took a look around and then headed over to Utica. I picked up the camper for $350.00 (I spent more going to get it then I did for the camper). Got up this morning and set it up to air out. This camper will be a fun project for over the winter. It will get a spring over lift and some new springs. I will get some new flooring and some additional storage compartments made for it. It will either get a new paint job or a custom wrap on the outside. This is just about a perfect camper for the bronco. It only weighs 575lbs and it is only 10 feet from the tip of the tongue to the back of the camper. You can just pick it up and roll it around by hand. I hope to be able to use this for trips like Silver Lake and to head up to Grayling for some fly fishing next year. Here are a couple pics of how it sits now and I will update as I go along.

IMG_20140914_163408105_zpsddfsz0ix.jpg~original

IMG_20140914_163430317_zps9cmcluqb.jpg~original

Last edited:

Unknown

Contributor
Looks like its in nice shape, I like how the door is in the back.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nice little pop up. How 'bout a pic of it hooked up to the Bronco? It should be really nice after the lift and paint or wrap. Is the tent in good condition? Looks like it is.