• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt Custom Family cage A+++

chuck489

Loc.
Dahlonega, GA
Just got my Bailie Bilt cage in. Love it. Gordon did a superb job. He is a very genuine fellow and pleasant to talk to. He called to take notes as to what I wanted before building it.
I am not a welder, but the fit and finish looked top notch.
For those considering it, it weighed in about 300 lbs. It fit fine with my electric wiper cover,visors, and hard top. Gordon will tell you that doesn't mean his will fit EVERY Bronco due to slight variations (patch panels, body twisting, etc.), but it fit mine pretty well. The emergency brake pedal is usable, but it will block the glove box door. I had already done the modification listed on the Bronco Ohio site, but I will have to cut some more off the hinge to get it to drop. I have not yet done the windshield stiffeners, but it doesn't look like it will be too much trouble with the tabs Gordon welded in. There are four bolts on each of the A pillar and C pillar legs and two bolts on the double B pillar tubes (which run across the floor on the Custom Family cage)
My shipping ran about $170. The only issue I had with this order was with the shipping company and I spoke with Gordon about it as to prevent any potential problems with any of his future clients.
I would not hesitate to order another cage from Gordon.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0008.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0008.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0009.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0009.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0010.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0010.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0024.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0024.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 191

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Good looking Cage! Looks like the double B pillar are secured with the body mounts? ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Excellent Chuck.. Good choice..

Gordon is definitely a stand up guy and easy to work with.