• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO Bare metal finish (not mine )

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
The good thing is the body has to be real decent to pull that look off though not my cup of tea. Looks like he lost interest stripping and polishing on the doors/jams.

elan

Loc.
s
What the .............?

Broncolorean..........fun-knee................

On a sarcastic note........."the price is right"

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Could be posting in Colorado from NY...but that isn't the Colorado antique tag, and the pics weren't taken in CO because all the other cars in the background are missing front license plates...CO requires a tag on front and back. Besides its too green to be CO.

Aside from that, I always wanted a naked body, but it's just not as I expected. That saves me from ever trying it. ��

DaveLev

I kind of like that look. Very unique. Looks ready for paint, but is already sealed. Wonder how well that will stand up over time.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Looks like hammered (and poorly sanded) dog shit!

Could look cool with a consistent grained or sanded finish, but that is horrible.

I have seen way nicer bare bodies in restoration shops prior to being primed.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Not a fan. With all the great colors stock and otherwise, how can you not put paint on them? Oh wait, could it be the cost and talent required?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Not a fan. With all the great colors stock and otherwise, how can you not put paint on them? Oh wait, could it be the cost and talent required?

Yes, considering a quality paint job will set you back $5-10K+, that asking price seems even higher now. Let alone I am sure it is not dead strait and ready for paint since there has been no skim coats of filler to any of the waves, repairs, dings, etc. That too is where alot of time and skill are involved.

I might be into it if it had a more consistent finish. Either smooth DA satin, brushed with a Dynabrade tool and Scotchbrite graining drum, or even a random flap wheel pattern, but all over it, not just in spots.