• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Barris Customized Bronco Sportsman Dune Buster

Swerve

I have been going through all of my older magazines and I found that there is a nice article in the February / March 1966 issue of Popular Customs about this Bronco...

I have yet to figure out how to post photos without a hosting service, but I will gladly email photos to anyone who is interested or wants to put them up here for me...

OP
OP
Swerve

Swerve

Subscribed...here are a few photos...

Attachments

• Barris Bronco 001.jpg
    Barris Bronco 001.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Barris Bronco 002.jpg
    Barris Bronco 002.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Barris Bronco 003.jpg
    Barris Bronco 003.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 143
  • Barris Bronco 004.jpg
    Barris Bronco 004.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Barris Bronco 005.jpg
    Barris Bronco 005.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 115

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Somewhat well known. As far as I have been able to tell, lost to time. No one has stepped forward to say they have seen it in several decades. If it still exists it is going to be a barn find since it has been out of sight for so long.

TGL

Does anyone know about these mag wheels? I've tried to write to Barris about them but seems to have fallen into a "black hole". I love the vintage look and think it would compliment an uncut EB. I'm not sure if these were specially made for the Dune Duster and Wild Flower. Any information from the brain trust will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 69

TGL

Attached Wild Flower pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 102

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Barris is still alive. But for how much longer I am not sure. He was heading to SEMA on a scooter as I was leaving. Past couple of years has not been kind.

Keep in mind he has built hundreds and hundreds of cars. Documentation pretty much doesn't exist. Whatever he could find that looked right is what he used. I really doubt he would know what those wheels were.

Germd

I wish PBS would spend a few hours with Barris for those of us that appreciate his work (Batmobile, Munstermobile, Monkeemobile, etc....). He is an icon and was ahead of his his time.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Me don't think he built the monkey mobile .

Try Dean Jeffries.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
George does take credit for Dean's work from time to time. I forget all the history behind it. One worked for the other than turned into a competitor shop across the street. One had a big fire and the other ran over and rescued a bunch of cars that would have been burned.

The last stick shift TV car he made was the munstor family coach. He learned during filming it was difficult to act and drive a stick shift in front of a camera. So after that they were all automatics, so the no (driving) talent actors could drive them.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I talked to Barris at an event a few years ago and asked him about the Dune Buster. He had no idea whatever happened to it.

Todd Z.