• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In comparison to that thing, yours definitely should've gone for more! I thought @cannunz546's rig brought a pretty good result. Hopefully he's happy with it.

Todd Z.

I thought $15-20 would be more reasonable. Based on other “projects” that sold. Still beat the 💩 out of what the local tire kickers were offering. I couldn't talk my brother into investing the time to install the lights and door hardware. That and fixing the brakes and C4 leak n reverse issue would have made it present better. Closing on the Sunday after the 4th probably didn’t help.

The rolled, non running with the incomplete 3 on the tree to C4 conversion sold for 3K more than we got.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-ford-bronco-153/

I think our buyer got a great project with a lot of potential.

Last edited:

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
In comparison to that thing, yours definitely should've gone for more! I thought @cannunz546's rig brought a pretty good result. Hopefully he's happy with it.

Todd Z.
Thanks, Todd. There were two primary bidders at the end. The one who lost was local and came and looked at the truck Sunday morning, a few hours before the bidding was over. He really liked it and was responsible for the bids going up so high. He made a comment that the truck was much nicer in person and that alot of the details were lost on BaT. I suppose that's true (good and bad) for most vehicles that sell on the internet. I am satisfied with the outcome, as I was for the other 1973 I sold on BaT late last year. The buyer of this Bronco is using Verified Checkout (via third party vendor Carmel) which, so far, seems to be going smooth. Once they confirm receipt of funds from the buyer (I received notice that the buyer initiated a wire transfer) I send the title to Carmel and once they receive it they disperse the funds to me. Then, the buyer has to arrange to pick up the vehicle. My wife is really sad that this Bronco sold. She really is attached to it. I told her that I will get her a new Bronco but that didn't get much traction.

mebco09

. My wife is really sad that this Bronco sold. She really is attached to it. I told her that I will get her a new Bronco but that didn't get much traction.
You must have a great wife!

My wife would throw a party if I sold some of my "old junk"

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
You must have a great wife!

My wife would throw a party if I sold some of my "old junk"
33 years and going strong.!

We were walking in the neighborhood yesterday and I was rambling about what I needed to send to the buyer independent of the truck (receipts, cover, etc.). My wife put her fingers in her ears and wouldn't listen to any of it. I still feel good about selling it although getting rid of anything that has been part of your life for twenty or more years is never without a bit of regret.