• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Battery relocate

CraigS

Sorry you didn't catch my meaning. I mean't he did a great job of FITTING them there.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Sorry you didn't catch my meaning. I mean't he did a great job of FITTING them there.

Yeah, well It was a good fit until I got it lined. I thought I allowed enough for the coating but missed it by 3/16". I think the coater got a little crazy with the spray gun. I had to grind off some of the ribs at the bottom for them to fit. Silver lining is they can't move around!:p

TonyPDX

Contributor
I have mine mounted on the frame rail just ahead of the rear axle on the driver's side. I wanted more room under the hood and to get some weight off the nose and onto the rear axle for better handling. It has been there for about 15 years with no issues.

Attachments

• Battery box mounted.JPG.jpg
    Battery box mounted.JPG.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I wanted more room for fresh air to the EFI intake so I turned the batter 90 degrees and slid it under the fender as far as it would go. I had to box out a section of the wheel well for it to fit and it is a PITA to get in and out but I picked up some nice room and did not need to re-wire anything.

bsquared

Contributor
Has anyone relocated their battery to the driver's side? Looks like it will fit perfectly w/ the addition of a couple of support braces. I shoe-horned in a 2001 Exploder cold air box in the current battery spot and now do need to relocate to somewhere. Airbox fit perfect and draws air from the bottom opening against the fender.

I was wanting to put in a combo tank for coolant / washer fluid on the drivers side, but an open to ideas. Thanks, Bill

Attachments

• Airbox1.JPG
    Airbox1.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 64
  • Airbox2.JPG
    Airbox2.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Airbox4BattMove.JPG
    Airbox4BattMove.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 68

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I run dual batteries and put one in the Dr side just like the third pic, it looks like it's supposed to be there. Worked out great, connected them by running the wires through the core support in front of the radiator. ;D:cool:;)

bsquared

Contributor
I run dual batteries and put one in the Dr side just like the third pic, it looks like it's supposed to be there. Worked out great, connected them by running the wires through the core support in front of the radiator. ;D:cool:;)

Yes sir, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Maybe increase the wire size by 1 grade, but I sell the stuff and one of my customers should have some DLO laying around for me to scavenge. Shouldn't be to hard to fab up a couple of supports to support it. Thanks for the feedback! B2

squeezer

I have mine mounted on the frame rail just ahead of the rear axle on the driver's side. I wanted more room under the hood and to get some weight off the nose and onto the rear axle for better handling. It has been there for about 15 years with no issues.

Thats great design and fab work...