• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baumann Optishift to run AOD-E, 4R70W (wide ratio AODE), 4R75, E4OD and 4R100

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
Do they need to know our blood type too?

In all seriousness, I think more than a few people here (myself included) are buying the controller without yet physically having the 4R70W tranny. So, it might be difficult to answer the plug and solenoid questions.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Do they need to know our blood type too?

In all seriousness, I think more than a few people here (myself included) are buying the controller without yet physically having the 4R70W tranny. So, it might be difficult to answer the plug and solenoid questions.

Hey dude,

He just wants your name for now. He said he will work out the details with the buyers. In one email, he told me he could wait a few weeks to get everything from buyers who haven't picked up atransmission yet.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Tom,

Got your pm.

For those of you that are looking for a 4R70W, the ones from 1999 forward are considered the best. The 3.8 V6 Mustang shares the same bellhousing as the 5.0

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
Any updates on this? Is the manufacturer going to start calling people and figuring out the details of each order?

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey guys,

This is for Jordan and any other members who have yet to purchase a transmission. I asked Karl if you can sign up and complete the transaction once you have purchased the transmission. His response.

Hey Branko,

Sure, that is fine. I totally understand this situation. With so many variations, it is hard to guess at which one you'll end up with.

My only requirement is that they provide all of the known info up front, including billing (credit card) info. We won't bill them until we have all of the information needed to ship the order, but due to past experiences, we do require billing info as a confirmation of intent. You can email all of the contact info to me, but if you already have it hand-written, then faxing it would be just fine, too. The customers can contact us directly with their billing info.

If they want to get started with the wiring early, we can also send the vehicle harness (where all of the connections to the vehicle and engine ECU are made) ahead of time, and send the transmission harnesses later, once they have the trans in hand. That's the nice thing about our new wiring scheme. It decouples the transmission wiring from the vehicle, so that things are a lot more flexible.

Our standard transmission harness length is 8-9 feet, but we can also build our harnesses shorter for no extra cost, if anyone is interested. We decided to start offering this after we discovered that many folks were cutting our harnesses and shortening them on their own. That results in a lot of tedious splicing, so it makes much more sense for us to just cut them shorter during the build.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks again for all of your efforts with this group buy!

Best Regards,

Karl Baumann
Baumann Electronic Controls, LLC.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Jordan,

I received an answer on the tuning interface as well.

It's funny you should mention the tuning interface, as I'm actually working on that this week. We are scheduled to have that feature completed by early October, so it will be available in time for the group. We've had a lot of interest in this, and I believe that it is going to be very popular feature. Also, if someone has an earlier OptiShift without the tuning interface, then we can upgrade them to the latest firmware at no charge.

Thanks again,
Karl

gtnorga

Now all I need is a Advance Adapters group buy and I'll be complete.
Parts collecting anyway.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Isnt it true that the 4r70w adapter you have to take the tailhousing apart but if you use the ZF you modify the D20 input (easier)?

gtnorga

ZF adapter...Now I'm curious. I can't seem to find a thread where someone has done it. Can anyone point me to one.

Amac70

ME
i don't have a thread about it but mine is mated up with a zf adapter. unbolted strait off zf and onto 4r70w. I think my twins sticks are going to work the same also same mounting locations on the two trannys. the 4r might me a little shorter distance haven't checked yet. I think the bigger problem most are going to run into is shift linkage and front driveline. I m havening a custom driveline made right now. the stock shaft just won't clear my shift linkage. but i am also running fullwidths so dont' know where the pumpkin is in relation to a stock 44. Its also hp so that doesn't help either with a stock lp 44, you would probably gain some clearance also.