• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baumann Optishift to run AOD-E, 4R70W (wide ratio AODE), 4R75, E4OD and 4R100

doran4x

Contributor
Is the ZF adapter used behind a 4x4 trans or do you still need the AA adapter with new output shaft?

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
No. Send me your info right now. I need you full name, shipping address, application and a phone number where they can reach you. PM me or email me at bkolic@aim.com. I will let Karl know that you are in.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Mike,

I received your info and have already added you to the list. Karl has asked me to email the list as some of the names in the fax did not come out legible enough. This will take me a couple of days.

Any of you can contact Karl to begin the process as most of the CB members came out fine.

Branko

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I contacted Bauman yesterday and got everthing squared away with wiring details and billing info. Has everyone contacted them? They told me that not many had called.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Gentleman. Please follow up and contact Baumann and speak to Karl. I have faxed the list and Karl has asked me to email it as well as some of the info did not come out in the fax.

Please don't wait on them as they are busy but contact them instead.

Baumann Electronic Controls Contact Information

Email: sales.tech@becontrols.com
karlb@becontrols.com

Phone: (864) 646-8920 Fax: (864) 335-9055

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
I just read your pm. No worries on asking.

All late model OD transmissions (the AOD being the exception as it was not computer controlled) are electronic controlled by a computer much like the motors of the cars they are in.

The retrofit into a classic or Bronco etc. still requires a computer like the Optishift. In order for the computer to control the transmission, it must be linked to it via a harness. Baumann custom makes that harness for your application and it is included in the GB price.