• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baumann Optishift to run AOD-E, 4R70W (wide ratio AODE), 4R75, E4OD and 4R100

Amac70

ME
When you guys order these you might want to ask for shorter harnesses. Just getting mine installed and i have like 6feet of harness to wrap up and loop under my dash somewhere. I think the main wires where about 8' long only had to go about 2 or 3 feet in my bronco to get where i think i want the computer. Just thought id give a heads ups. You might want to measure for yourself where you think you'll want to put computer and where the transmission is.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Everyone please read the posts. Don't ask me for updates if you have made no effort to contact Baumann. I can't make you payment arrangements. Only you can. Please do so and Karl will be more than happy to send you your controller.

broncohunting

Loc.
Arlington
Anybody that got in on the group buy end up receiving the Optishift with no immediate plans to install it? I was hoping to get my 4R70W installed in the next couple of weeks but Baumann is at least 30 days from shipping any new units out. I would be willing to pay full price (which is $610) if you happen to have it on a shelf somewhere, which would allow you to pocket $150 or so from the group buy discount. A long shot I know but didn't see any reason not to ask. Thanks in advance.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Anybody that got in on the group buy end up receiving the Optishift with no immediate plans to install it? I was hoping to get my 4R70W installed in the next couple of weeks but Baumann is at least 30 days from shipping any new units out. I would be willing to pay full price (which is $610) if you happen to have it on a shelf somewhere, which would allow you to pocket $150 or so from the group buy discount. A long shot I know but didn't see any reason not to ask. Thanks in advance.
just be aware the the wiring connections are different depending on the year of the tranny you'll be using. I got one for a 96 explorer which is different for a 98 explorer

broncohunting

Loc.
Arlington
Thanks! I asked the folks at Baumann when I spoke to them this morning about this and they said they could get the right wiring harness together in short order if that was all I needed.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got mine 2 weeks ago. Looks really nice and I was under the impression that the wiring harness was what takes the time. When I called to check on it, I just told them I was trying to do my swap soon and I got it shortly after that. I guess squeaky wheel gets the grease.

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
I missed out on this (was still going NV3550 when it was announced) but found a similar Group Buy on another site. If anyone else missed it and no one minds the link, the thread is here:

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showt...ler-(Optishift)-group-buy&p=139218#post139218

FWIW, you can tell them you're from CB - that way Baumann knows where the inquiry originated.

Mods - if the link above isn't kosher, feel free to edit/delete.

Ryan