• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bay Area Tank Collection tour update:Times & Map

Mark@Wildhorses

Good Morning Y'all,
Again, to those that got my emails, here's the complete update with map to meet before heading to the collection.
We will now meet at the Ladera Shopping center, between the hours of 12:00pm to 12:20pm 10/18/08, then caravan together from there. I hope to be there earlier than that in the Bronco, so it won't be hard to miss the "Pumpkin Bronco" lol!! If anyone wants my cell #, please PM me or email and I'll be happy to give it to you.

We do have some spots open, so please contact me. If you ever wanted to see something like this, don't pass it up!

Mark

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Portola+Valley&state=CA&address=3130+Alpine+Rd

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark@Wildhorses

Mark@Wildhorses

Good Morning Y'all,
Again, to those that got my emails, here's the complete update with map to meet before heading to the collection.
We will now meet at the Ladera Shopping center, between the hours of 12:00pm to 12:20pm 10/18/08, then caravan together from there. I hope to be there earlier than that in the Bronco, so it won't be hard to miss the "Pumpkin Bronco" lol!! If anyone wants my cell #, please PM me or email and I'll be happy to give it to you.

We do have some spots open, so please contact me. If you ever wanted to see something like this, don't pass it up!

Mark

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Portola+Valley&state=CA&address=3130+Alpine+Rd

TtTt

Mark@Wildhorses

kman67

Contributor
Loc.
Aptos
So I just happened to be catching up on my Mythbusters and was watching the episode for 9/10/08 and the Jacques Littlefield tank collection was on it!!! Oh this is so awsome!! I can't wait to see it!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thought you were already going Gil. Or are you asking for someone else?
Give Mark a call in case he's too busy to check his e-mails (which would be strange) and you miss a chance.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I just happened to be catching up on my Mythbusters and was watching the episode for 9/10/08 and the Jacques Littlefield tank collection was on it!!! Oh this is so awsome!! I can't wait to see it!

I saw that too. Right after a couple of us were talking about the visit! Good timing.
That was the episode with the phone-book pull, right?

Paul

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I thought I had signed up on the original post back in August but I guess not because I got no confirmation. It was probably because it didn't have a firm date at that point. Never really bothered to follow up so I missed out. I will likely be working on the bronco this weekend instead. I think I found a buyer for my tires and 32 bolts per wheel can take awhile to remove. Have a good time!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, there was lots of back-and-forth and date changes and how-big-a-group-is-allowed stuff going on at first. And all the other first-time hassles associated with this going on, so you probably were on the list, but beyond the limit. There were more than just CB members going and I think about 15 or 20 people that wanted to go, couldn't because of the limits.

Which makes it appear likely there'll we'll be able to put another trip together in the near future. It certainly looks like we have enough people at least, just among those that couldn't fit into this first group. Not to mention those that might want to go again.

We'll post pictures afterwards (assuming they let photos be taken?) so we can see what's in store for the next time.

Paul

Benzo

Loc.
SF Bay Area
Thank you Mark and Tim for making this happen as well as everyone else who was able to attend. It was a great time. I did not know they had tank turrets on Broncos ;)

Attachments

• Bronco with gun turret.jpg
    Bronco with gun turret.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 11
  • Miror Drive.jpg
    Miror Drive.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 13
  • barrles.jpg
    barrles.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Tank line up.jpg
    Tank line up.jpg