• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bc bronco and wildhorses shorty headers

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Are bc headers the same as wildhorses?I have wild horses shorty headers and was wondering if the two in one muffler kit from bc bronco would work with WH shoty headers,or does WH make a muffler kit for their headers,and I just missed it on their sit.

strokers

I have the BC ones looking at wh site they don't appear the same . BC uses a 3 bolt ball mount. And drivers side looks to point down more than wh . I also didn't see a exhaust kit on wh . I also suggest just having it custom bent the BC kit is only to muffler and without out the back and side pipe the drone and fumes suck.

apathy

Loc.
West Linn
Header differences

Besides the joint difference, I think Wild Horses uses slightly smaller tubing in their headers. If you're running a big-inch motor, I guess it might make a difference.%)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
1 1/2" WH primaries

1 5/8 BC primaries

and the collectors are different

One Bronco supplier is making 1 5/8" primaries with a 3" collector for those of us running strokers...wish I had those... (how many times have I said that!!!) :)

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I'm running the WHs headers with BCs 2 in 1 exhaust system - on a 351W - 1" body lift.
I had to weld an adapter to the exhaust pipes to mate to the WH collectors . The adapter came with either the headers or the exhaust ; can't quite remember - but i know i didn't have to go look for it at a parts store.
SHX

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the BCB Headers with their 2 1/2" primary pipes behind a 351w. Will use my own muffler and a 3" outlet.

nvrstuk

Contributor
I run Chuck's headers also... behind a 418 strrroker with lot's of HP. I used 2 1/2" mandrel bent pipe and at first connected them to DynoMax V/T mufflers. I really liked the sound when they were behind my stockish 351W for a year. Dropped in the strrroker and they rattled like crazy. Tech's at DynoMax said they always would behind a engine built like mine -- cam has .588" lift measured @ .050" with TrickFlow 205 heads. He said at minimum you'd need an "X" or "H" pipe to reduce scavenging gasses.

I ended up with MagnaFlo's. Both are VERY loud at full or close to full throttle (very loud) in my rig. My wife could hear me coming home the other night -- (after 10:30 on a lonely county road from over a mile away) ... when I walked in the door she asked me if I heard the "loud car" that was down the road. :)

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Thanks for the input,my father inlaw told me about a local custum muffle shop in auburn washington that does good work.When engines done need to figure how to get it there.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Drive it there... You'll learn how to feather it out so it's not so loud...hills are tough to go up quietly tho... :)

Be sure the exhaust shop will let you STAND there while they do the work. IF not, they won't do it the way you want... A 1/2" here or there makes all the difference...

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
1.5" primaries are typically good up to 300 crank hp.

1.625 goes above and beyond.

Then you can get into stepped headers and bigger primaries, but I believe with the Bronco, you'd have to go custom.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the input,my father inlaw told me about a local custum muffle shop in auburn washington that does good work.When engines done need to figure how to get it there.

I run open headers to the muffler shop all the time.....the cops wave at me!

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I have the BC ones looking at wh site they don't appear the same . BC uses a 3 bolt ball mount. And drivers side looks to point down more than wh . I also didn't see a exhaust kit on wh . I also suggest just having it custom bent the BC kit is only to muffler and without out the back and side pipe the drone and fumes suck.

Just so you know, my exhaust system includes a 45 degree turn down after the muffler so the fumes are not a problem.

sarens

I'm looking at the same system so Chuck are you saying really don't need a tail pipe for fumes but is sound level too high in the interior of the EB?

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I'm looking at the same system so Chuck are you saying really don't need a tail pipe for fumes but is sound level too high in the interior of the EB?

Not as loud as the exhaust going out in front of the wheel louder than if the exhaust went out behind the wheel. If you want it quieter reduce the turn down size. We designed the exhaust for power not quite. More muffler and or smaller pipes will quieten it down but most likely cost power.
As far as smell. The 3 places that don't force you to smell exhaust is out the side in front or behind the wheels or down. My experience is behind the wheel I crush the pipe on rocks in front of the wheel is too load and down causes dust. I had a very sealed up cab with the exhaust going out the rear one side and both and could not stay in it for the fumes. PS the system will get you to a exhaust shop and they can add the tail pipe. Some of the guys here have messed with the exhaust to reduce the noise but I don't know how they turned out. Anyone?

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Thank you. When I was designing them I was designing them for me and put everything I could think of into them. When I get time I have a plan for bigger headers but that will be a while.

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Got my headers from WH,now just need the motor!!!

Attachments

• headers shorty 001.jpg
    headers shorty 001.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 127
  • headers shorty 002.jpg
    headers shorty 002.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 106
  • headers shorty 003.jpg
    headers shorty 003.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 101