• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bc bronco throttle cable question

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
I've got a quick question bronco buddies!... So I installed the BC Bronco's throttle cable and yesterday and It looks great! My only problem is that the gas peddle is now super low now due to how long I cut the cable for it (They purposely make it long to fix all apps). I cut it where I beleived WOT would be right at where the peddle hits the floor because I was affraid if I cut it more, that when I punched it (I like to punch it hehe) that the cable might snap.

So my question is how strong is the cable and cable ends? Also, where did you guys with throttle cables installed cut the cables? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I utilized the whole outer sleeze. I don't think there is a direct answer becasue every rig is different. I started at the pedal and went to the cable assembly. I ditched the ends that connected to the ball and went to an adjustable one I had laying around from when I was using a lokar throttle cable on my carb. This way even if i cut too much off I could still connect it with the adjustable nut assembly.

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
When I installed mine I put a block on the throttle peddle and then pulled the carb throttle wide open and determined where to cut the cable. Just remember to leave just a little extra to go into the end piece that connects the cable to the carb.

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
Thanks for the input guys... Are your peddles reall low to the floor as well? I have it adjusted so WOT is when the peddle hits the floor board, but when it's in the released possition the peddle only comes up maybe 4inches. With the stock linkage the peddle came up twice as far in the released possition

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Thanks for the input guys... Are your peddles reall low to the floor as well? I have it adjusted so WOT is when the peddle hits the floor board, but when it's in the released possition the peddle only comes up maybe 4inches. With the stock linkage the peddle came up twice as far in the released possition

?:? You had eight inches of travel in your accelerator with the stock linkage? Four inches sounds like quite a bit to me. Eight inches of travel would be 2/3 of a foot.

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
Haha ok I'm sure my guestimations are off. My mom used to always tell me when I was a kid that I exaggerated too much ;D ... Point is, before the peddle came up the normal amount and now it's about half the normal stock amount. Did you have the same outcome?

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
My cable worked so smooth and easy, I had to get a stronger spring for the carb return. Every time I hit a bump I would bump the throttle.