• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bc Broncos 9 Pack leafs experience/opinions?=!Installed!

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I also haven't heard anything about it. Cages rears are 9 leafs. I'm thinking Chuck tried it and had better results. I have BC's 11 pack and like em.

Slowpony

I ran BC's for 4-5 years and they were hands down the best set I've run. I've had two other sets on the bronco and the only reason I pulled them off was for a 4-link and coilovers.

'Pony

spreadmonkey

Loc.
Austin, Tx
I searched lots of threads about this and everyone had good things to say. I just ordered mine earlier today. Can't wait to get them!

JoeLat

I've got 'em. 2.5" lift. They are great. Nice and tight on the road but not too tight. They really make the truck feel solid on the road. Nice flex off road.

Attachments

• IMG_5951.jpg
    IMG_5951.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 88

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
I just installed mine - BCB 9-pack 3.5" lift - last week and so far, I LOVE THEM.
I haven't wheeled them hard yet, but the mild stuff I've been able to do in the time frame was a considerable improvement from the "stock + add-a-leaf + 3.5" lift block I was running.

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
Good to hear everyone. I'm a little leary of the 11 packs because people seem to say that they sag a little bit more each time after wheeling. I don't want that.

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
I ordered the BC 9 packs today. Hopefully they'll get here soon and I can get them in before Howipalooza to test them out.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have the 2.5 on my rig and like them. They had a pretty good buildup of paint? when I bought them and installed them and they sat really really high. I eventually got them offroad and heard and audible pop and then they settled down to a good ride height. They ride is really good and I am happy with them.

Ben

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
Got the rears installed today. About halfway done taking the front end apart, should be done with that tomorrow. So far this thing is sittin very high. I don't mind, but going from a 3" to a 3.5" lift there is alot of height difference.

67Stallion

Loc.
Missoula,Montana
I have been wondering about those 3.5 leaves to, and their front coils, how do they ride, the last 2 broncos i looked at had variable rate coils and the top 4 were completely resting on each other,doesnt look like soft ride there.

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
I'll let you know this week. I'm installing hydroboost as soon as the new lift is done. So it will still be a few days before I get to drive it.

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
pics if the rears done. 1st pic is KbarS 3" vs. Bc Bronco's 3.5 w/winch

Attachments

• KbarS 3 vs. BC Broncos 3.5.jpg
    KbarS 3 vs. BC Broncos 3.5.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 47
  • BC 3.5 rear.1.jpg
    BC 3.5 rear.1.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Bc 3.5 Rear.2.jpg
    Bc 3.5 Rear.2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
and for some reason, this plate was under the driver side coil bucket only.???

Attachments

• strange plate.jpg
    strange plate.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 42

67Stallion

Loc.
Missoula,Montana
looks like tried to level front of bronco. Were those kbar springs sagged, those 3.5 look 2 in. bigger. I have 3 in. rancho, they havent sagged a iota in 20 years, freight train stiff. I like the look of the open coil vs. variable coils, just need some that ride good,very curious to see how yours ride.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have had several sets of the BC broncos single rate coils (different lift sizes) all of them rode and flexed as good as the progressive rate. I liked the fact that you didn't get the body roll effect like you do with some of the progressive rate springs. Just because they are a single rate doesn't make them ride like the old Duff/K bar S springs of yesteryear!

Ben

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
looks like tried to level front of bronco. Were those kbar springs sagged, those 3.5 look 2 in. bigger. I have 3 in. rancho, they havent sagged a iota in 20 years, freight train stiff. I like the look of the open coil vs. variable coils, just need some that ride good,very curious to see how yours ride.

I dont' think they are sagged, they are only a 3" lift springs.
The new BC springs are 3.5" with winch, so they should be longer, even though they do look alot longer. The overall height is higher by a noticable amount. I like it though. I do also have a1" WildHorse body lift on it too.

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
PICS. Not very good ones, but it's all the space I had at the moment. Looks like I have a little bow outward in each coil spring. The cups seem to be leaning towards the outside a bit. Maybe new coil cup time??

Attachments

• lift3.jpg
    lift3.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 37
  • lift4.jpg
    lift4.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 42
  • lift5.jpg
    lift5.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 56