• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bc Broncos 9 Pack leafs experience/opinions?=!Installed!

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
My front springs bow out, too... anxiously awaiting someone to comment if this is okay or needs to be addressed.

I have the entire front-end out right now, would be a good time to resolve if necessary.

rdv350

Loc.
Scranton, PA
From what I understand, the bowing is not a problem. Mine did that two when I first installed my lift two years ago. So far no problems.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
78Scronco, I'm sure you know this, but you would benefit alot by adding a riser track bar bracket, it will center the axle, which in current form is pulled to the driver side and also will stop that annoying bump steer which is caused by the track bar and the drag link not being on the same angle.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
i'm trying to decide which 3.5" lift to go with so i can't wait to see some final pics and comments. what size tire do you plan on running with the 3.5" +1" bodylift?

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
78Scronco, I'm sure you know this, but you would benefit alot by adding a riser track bar bracket, it will center the axle, which in current form is pulled to the driver side and also will stop that annoying bump steer which is caused by the track bar and the drag link not being on the same angle.

Yeha, I'm going to try just going with an adjustable trac bar. Hopeing that will be enough. It will at least get the axle centered. I think the angles will be close. I don't reall ylike thr dop brackets and risers, too much stress on the frame side, trying to avoid if at all possible.

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
i'm trying to decide which 3.5" lift to go with so i can't wait to see some final pics and comments. what size tire do you plan on running with the 3.5" +1" bodylift?

That's 33's on there now, but I'm getting 36 tsl's I'm going to try to run.

Also it shouldn't have that spring lean. Many people have it and run with it, and mine is pretty even so that is good, but either way it shouldn't be there. So I am either going to get new spring cup sets and or maybe even put a block under the cup for now to even it out.
My big bronco doesn't have that lean at all after I replaced the old cups.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Yeha, I'm going to try just going with an adjustable trac bar. Hopeing that will be enough. It will at least get the axle centered. I think the angles will be close. I don't reall ylike thr dop brackets and risers, too much stress on the frame side, trying to avoid if at all possible.

There is no additional stress on the frame with an axle riser. The stress on the frame comes from the greater leverage that a drop track bar bracket provides. By raising the track bar at the axle you dont have that problem...plus it gives you room for a TRO setup.... Come on, you know you want one. This thing has even begun to snowball....

and really the axle riser WILL help with the ride alot...friends dont let friends drive with bumpsteer.

67Stallion

Loc.
Missoula,Montana
I x2 that, hurry up and drive it, i wanna hear it has stable street manners, handles driving down forest service log roads with potholes, ruts,dips, washouts,bumps, deep snow like a dream! Just kidding, take your time and get it right!

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
There is no additional stress on the frame with an axle riser. The stress on the frame comes from the greater leverage that a drop track bar bracket provides. By raising the track bar at the axle you dont have that problem...plus it gives you room for a TRO setup.... Come on, you know you want one. This thing has even begun to snowball....

and really the axle riser WILL help with the ride alot...friends dont let friends drive with bumpsteer.

I was under the perception that you need both the riser AND drop bracket, OR the adjustable trac bar?
I have th TRO setup now!

I will get some driving in this weekend, and trails the following weekend!

OsideDave

Correct me if I am wrong. My impression is that you need either a riser OR a drop bracket to help center axle and correct bump steer. With that said, I already had an adjustable trac bar so I used it on my BCB 3.5 lift to center axle. Bump steer didn't seem to be a factor but perhaps a riser would make it better.

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
I originally thought you needed one or the other as well, but in my research on the board I was understanding it that you should have both(riser and Drop brackets), OR neither and an adjustable trac bar. Unless I misunderstood.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
When you add a track bar raise or lower bracket(not both) you also need to go tierod over or drop pitman arm (not both).