• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos New 1/2 console

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
We designed our 1/2 console to make the Bronco more functional for the new more sophisticated ways it is being used. Ford never expected Broncos to need high end parts with so many options.

In building this new product, we wanted to provide several things in one item. That spawned several more new options.

Our main motivation was to allow access for the rear passengers, while using several factory floor shifter options, and to put the shifters in order of use, transmission shifter then transfer case shifters, all incorporated in a 1-piece shorter console while still offering speakers and cup holders.

A few design touches we wanted to incorporate like square bends to match the dash’s over all look. Made of steel instead of plastic, this helps to keep the classic look of the Bronco. We use all Stainless Steel mounting hardware and threaded inserts in most of the console to make installation and removal of the panels easier.

The rear if the console is shorter but still offers a removable customizable panel that is set at an angle that makes whatever is mounted to it easier to see while driving. The removable panel allows you to access the rear section of the console so you can mount modules or other components you may need not as often.

The 1/2 Console is shipped *mostly assembled (Powder coated only) via Fedex in a larger box, this version does not need to ship on a pallet. Raw consoles have parts Installed for reference and shipping, some parts like shift boots can’t be installed due to light oil coating on raw metal parts.

Please contact Kat (sales@bcbroncos.com) to get a full list of options and pricing for the custom console you want.
https://bcbroncos.com/shop/interior/ac-parts/custom-1-2-center-console-for-your-classic-bronco/

Attachments

• console rear 1k.jpg
    console rear 1k.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 246
  • console 1k.jpg
    console 1k.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 235
  • console p side 1k.jpg
    console p side 1k.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 216
  • console d side 1k.jpg
    console d side 1k.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 238

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I think that's a great idea and great looking product, but ya know, I tried to order a BC console, was ready to spend as much as necessary on it and couldn't get responses from Kat to save my life and even got asked what the shift pattern on an AOD is and could not get a response after that and went elsewhere for a kick ass console.

I also called and asked about a dash and told I was put on the waiting list and would receive a call when I could order...no call.

I also emailed about your throttle cable bracket and was ready to order if in stock...no response.

OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I think that's a great idea and great looking product, but ya know, I tried to order a BC console, was ready to spend as much as necessary on it and couldn't get responses from Kat to save my life and even got asked what the shift pattern on an AOD is and could not get a response after that and went elsewhere for a kick ass console.

I also called and asked about a dash and told I was put on the waiting list and would receive a call when I could order...no call.

I also emailed about your throttle cable bracket and was ready to order if in stock...no response.
Really sorry to hear about that. And I’ll have her check her email to see how it got missed.

Sadly, Still have no answer on Dashes. Unfortunately, the company that was making them went out of business without a word after building them for 12 years. The second source for some reason can’t get the bends to be the same every time we’re looking for a third source.

Can you tell me what address you emailed on the throttle cable? I’ve got plenty of those in stock.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Really sorry to hear about that. And I’ll have her check her email to see how it got missed.

Sadly, Still have no answer on Dashes. Unfortunately, the company that was making them went out of business without a word after building them for 12 years. The second source for some reason can’t get the bends to be the same every time we’re looking for a third source.

Can you tell me what address you emailed on the throttle cable? I’ve got plenty of those in stock.
1704816973112.png

I did end up getting a cable and I had to make a bracket work by cutting the stock mustang bracket and mounting it from the other side but I'm not sure it's ideal.

Sorry to hear about the dashes...I guess that explains that one, but that was like last Feb or March. I ended up getting a dash made by Double D Fab and it looks great. A couple little things needed to be ironed out but it looks great.

I appreciate the response and hope I'm the only one that experienced this.

WPS 73 Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
The Woodlands, Tx
Jason,

Can this be modified to work with an existing "Tuffy" style center console? I think the angled section would have to be eliminated based on where the existing center console is mounted.

You might want to consider this as another configuration since so many of the Bronco's have that center console.

OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I can set one in to see. I have lots of them setting around that we have been removing.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

LOL, par for the course...

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Jason,

Can this be modified to work with an existing "Tuffy" style center console? I think the angled section would have to be eliminated based on where the existing center console is mounted.

You might want to consider this as another configuration since so many of the Bronco's have that center console.
Great idea, I am trying to work my tuffy into a lengthed console and this would certainly save time.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA

Since you do have these cable assemblies in stock, I just ordered. I might like the bracket better than what I did anyway.

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I like the idea of the half console a lot. Any possibility to move the shifters slightly forward and mover the cup holders back toward the passengers there they are more accessible?

OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
We are working on one right now like that but they are smaller cup holders, the front of the console is 10” where it is 8” behind the shifters
The cup holders you see there have a 4” hole,

LHardin

Beautiful!

Any chances of getting one with the twin sticks on the left and a hand brake on the right?