• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos Radius Arms Stock length

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
For you who have these, are there any other advantages to using them, other than caster angle? I have a 2.5 inch lift, the truck steers well so I'm not sure if these would be a good choice.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey John. Did you ever get an answer away from this thread? Check with Chuck maybe too?
I can see some possible reasons off the top of my head, but not all necessarily apply to your situation.

Any new arm is good if your old one is almost rusted through or damaged. You could still find stock ones of course, but not always when you need them.
They "might" be stronger than stock too, if you're prone to bashing your arms on rocks. I don't know that for a fact, and the stock ones are pretty stout, but it's a possibility.
Really the caster correction is a key reason for just about any radius arm swap. This is the only one I know of that's stock length. All the others are longer (that I can think of anyway) and you don't necessarily need (or want) longer arms on a modestly lifted truck.

But you do say yours is driving pretty well, so without knowing your exact caster and whether or not it would improve things, it's hard to say. Have you ever had your caster measured? It's something that all EB owners should know I think.

From a strictly caster standpoint though, there's the cool factor only, as correcting caster is less expensive by rotating the steering yokes on the end of the axle tubes. It would be a lot more work than just swapping arms, but should be less expensive and give you a more correct correction anyway.

That help? I like the arms myself. But I don't have them either, so am only going by opinion at this point. ;D
In the meantime, back to the top so more might see it.

Paul

OP
OP
J

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
Paul,
I talked to the good folks at BC. They said basically the same thing. I read that BC was having a group buy on their radius arms, and I was just curious to see if they had other advantages. Jason told me they are not probably an item I would need. I always appreciate the good honest advice from all of the Bronco vendors.

Thanks
John

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, saw the mass buy thing going on too. Wasn't sure if I wanted longer or stock length myself, but either one could benefit me since I know for a fact I'm a few degrees low on my caster.

Gotta get it back running first though. Then arms.

Paul