• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC - Spring Rockers - Need Pic

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I have BC spring rockers installed and I want to compare them to some one elses. There are a few things that look a little strange.

Any one have some good pictures of there's installed.

Thanks.

Galen

flexxxy74

Loc.
bayville
I have them can take a pic for you but
what looks strange about them? u bolts?
pinion angle? they look strange to begin with
but work EXCELENT

OP
OP
G

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Thanks for the pic. I really need one from the back or front.

The top and bottom plates are a bit flexed and I want to see if it is the same on others.

Thanks
Galen

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
So they are bent? Did you over tighten them? If you torque them to specs they won't bend but if you over tighten them they do bend.

OP
OP
G

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I torqued them to specs and they are bent a little so I want to see if others are having this same problem.

DO you happen to have a picture of yours from the rear?

Thanks

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
I do not have one from the front or back and I am in the middle of swapping out the 9" for a 60 so will be awhile before I have them back on.

raharr3

Loc.
Linden,Ca
Here are a few pics from behind

Attachments

• PA240028.JPG
    PA240028.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 22
  • PA240029.JPG
    PA240029.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 16
  • PA240033.JPG
    PA240033.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 22
  • PA240034.JPG
    PA240034.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 20
  • PA240035.JPG
    PA240035.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 19

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Mines bent a little from torqueing it down (driver side). It never reached the final torque spec, I questioned the calibration of my torque wrench (click type), I switched to a beam type and it was the same so I left it, It was close enough the final spec. for me. I planned to use wider spring perches but that meant buying more parts than I figure I would just build them but that meant more fab time. I wanted them installed so I just bolted them on after relocating the stock perches a few degrees.

rubiconbronco

Loc.
Placerville, CA
I recommend that you replace the spring perch. I had to adjust the pinion angle and in the process i replaced my perch with larger ones so the rocker had more support. I also used a longer perch to help prevent axle wrap