• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCBroncos/Vintage Air AC/heat unit not working correctly - any ideas?

moneypit77

Loc.
forks, WA
I am having issues with mine if i have the fan on and twist the knob too fast to turn it of it puts the fan on high speed, also i think i broke my heater switch because i turned it too hard (that thing is delicate like a little flower) so now if i adjust the heat i have to keep messing with it to get the valve to open all the way, also you could check that the arm on the valve isnt binding and opening all the way.

OP
OP
bajabronc

bajabronc

Loc.
West Hollywood
So I have heat I removed the actuator from the valve and just opened it manually, but with both the selection switch for the floor/defrost/vent not working and the heat valve not working I am assuming it is something electrical. The strage thing is that in looking at the wiring diagram, I assume that if all three - fan, heat selector and selection switch weren't working it would be one of the relays or a fuse, but since the fan is working it has me baffled. Maybe the thing called the control module on the AC unit took a dump, don't know.