• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Beadlocks

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Does anyone know of a beadlock manufacturer that makes a 3.5” backspacing wheel?

I am running the factory 5x5.5 bolt pattern. 17” wheels are preferred. So ultimately I am looking for a 17x9x5.5 with a 3.5” backspace.

Thanks

Broncobowsher

Total hack
With 17" wheels you should have all the clearance you need. Is half an inch really going to matter?

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
With 17" wheels you should have all the clearance you need. Is half an inch really going to matter?
Great question. I am running 17’s with 4” bs and they still rub on my pitman arm and shock mounts. Not to be mean but yes I do think a 1/2” matters. Some women may want to comment about does a 1/2” really matter but I will leave that up to them to answer.

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
These are the only ones I’m aware of.
http://www.americanrockrods.com/spyderlock_wheels_home_page.php
Raceline used to make them but you had to call them. No idea if they still can accomplish that.

I despise wheel spacers. Been known to build custom axles to get away from them.
Perfect I will give these a look. I know what is going to happen. I am going to buy beadlocks then switch to a Dana 60, 609 etc and probably have to change wheels again. Haha

Thank you sir

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Trail ready on the wildhorses site 17 by 8.5 shows 3.5 backspace as an option.....as well as 15 by 9 in multible backspace options

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Trail ready on the wildhorses site 17 by 8.5 shows 3.5 backspace as an option.....as well as 15 by 9 in multible backspace options
Thanks. I have a friend that had TR’s and he could never get them to balance.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought some 17" Eagle Alloys with the 3.75" backspacing and had Champion convert them to beadlocks for me. This was quite a few years ago though.

Hinmaton

Too bad you can’t live with 15’s, my ATX Slabs are 3.5” back spacing and I’m selling them cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jmhend

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Too bad you can’t live with 15’s, my ATX Slabs are 3.5” back spacing and I’m selling them cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know if they were 17’s we wouldn’t be having this post. 😜