• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best dealer shocks for daily driving?

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
I've seen that all the dealers: WH, Graveyard, BC, etc... all sell their own brand of shock absorbers. I need to upgrade from my rancho's because they are a really pain in the ass on the road. I've got 35 BFG MT's and 3.5 susp 2" body. Rear leafs I have no idea who makes them bc they were installed before me. Not asking for specifications, just opinions on overall comfort on the road =)

tortuga

I have been very happy with the shocks I bought from Wild Horses. Good ride on the road, good on the trail.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
x2 on Wild Horses. If you need help with the correct lenght give them a call. Jim set me up on both of my broncos and I am very pleased.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I went from junk shocks to Bilsteins, they're great...especially if you wait until a "buy 3 get 1 free" sale with free shipping.

I noticed a change in the handling the minute I pulled it out of the garage...but again I removed junk shocks.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have ridden in a Broncos with the same springs and Ranchos and Bilsteins. I so wanted the Bilsteins after that. (Mine was the one with Ranchos:p)

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
My Bilsteins caused bump steer. I replaced my Rancho's with 7100 series Bilsteins, now the front suspension actually functions.:) With the increased travel at highway speeds, my track bar angle needs attention. The Rancho's didn't allow enough movement to ever notice. Next will be a full length track bar mod.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
My Bilsteins caused bump steer. I replaced my Rancho's with 7100 series Bilsteins, now the front suspension actually functions.:) With the increased travel at highway speeds, my track bar angle needs attention. The Rancho's didn't allow enough movement to ever notice. Next will be a full length track bar mod.

Too funny:D

But I see it being true. And I bet the ride is much improved as well (other then the bumpsteer)

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I don't have a house brand. I like the rancho 99000's if you don't like the ride get out and adjust it. Bilsteins are good but not so adjustable.

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
I went from junk shocks to Bilsteins, they're great...especially if you wait until a "buy 3 get 1 free" sale with free shipping.

I noticed a change in the handling the minute I pulled it out of the garage...but again I removed junk shocks.

Which models did you go with?