• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Durable Shifter?

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Have a Duff 3 speed with broken linkage. It's not that old so I am reluctant to replace same. Any reccomendationson a durable, short throw replacement.
Or does Duff make a rebuild kit for their product which may have been upgraded over the years. Have a friend that has a Hurst however his hand almost hit's the dash when shitfing to second gear? All Comments Appreciated!!

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Duffs shifter is a Hurt unit that has been modified for a shorter throw. They do have a rebuild kit for it which can also be used to shorten the throw of a Hurst if you had one of those already.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I've had good luck with the duffy shifters. What broke? You can get some replacement parts for the hurst shifter at pep boys.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D What I do when I put in a hurst 3 speed shifter is to take a small pie cut out under the boot and bend it back a little and that will keep the shifter away from the dash and you cant see the weld it is under the boot works good have fun with your toy. ;D ;D ;D Bill 8) ::) :p

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Thanks for the insights gents. Had no idea Hurst makes Duffy's shifters. Purchased the rebuild kit and contemplating the replacing the T shifter with a Duff matching. Any problems I should be aware of. Duffs said T Case shifter is an east bolt on with boot and chrome trim bezel that screws into the floor?