• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best fit headers for 351w swap?

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I had a few different sets in my parts pile at the time, so I tried them all. Also, the BC headers are the only ones that are 1 5/8" tube as far as I know. A 351 needs to breathe. Last, the BC headers are stainless and coated. No rust thru, hopefully, after a few years of use. Or, maybe you're correct too...... ;D

Gotcha. Bronco Hut's are available in 1 5/8s now also....their collector is also larger. Sanderson Headers makes them and if you get them ceramic coated, they have a lifetime warranty. Just send them back for a recoat.

You don't need 1 5/8s primaries unless you have a 351W based stroker. If you use them, you're probably losing low end.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Bronco Hut's are available in 1 5/8s now also....their collector is also larger. Sanderson Headers makes them and if you get them ceramic coated, they have a lifetime warranty.

Good to know - thanks for posting that. Was that word of mouth? I couldn't find that info anywhere on Bronco Hut's site.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I prototyped them and I don't think they show the option on their web site. Collectors are 3"...I think all the rest are 2.5"? Not sure.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have been very happy with the BCB Ceramic Coated Headers for the 351w. Great fit with NO clearance issues. I also installed the BCB secondary 2 1/2" pipes to a single Muffler. Easy install with this set up.

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
I have a 2" Body lift, and the long tube headers I have run in the past were fine, although the collector tubes touched the frame rails. Easy fix tho, just got the headers hot and used a flat bar to clearance bend them away a bit....Now I am running WH titanium coated SS shorties....No issues so far, but as stated in the instructions, inner fenders will need to be trimmed on a 351W installation...No problem, needed the ventilation anyway

1971Bronco1971

Loc.
Boston
I didn't read the whole post, but I have a set of long tube headers I am taking off my '71 if anyone is looking for a set that will defiantly fit