• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best hybrid tire

Loc.
Speedwell TN
ok i know this topic has been thrashed to death but just wanted to hear it one more time for my application. my driving will be 50/50 on/ offroad. the offroad is mild to medium ruts/mud stuff that we have here in the south. no rock crawling. thanks for the advice, i'll be buying this week. i am capable of 31 inch tires.

rednck21

yeah BFG.....if their a little pricey for you then go with pro comp-close to the same thing but should save you some $$$$ ;D

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
Yea, what everybody else said. I had a set of BFG A/T on my second Bronco they were great tires both on and off road.

66horse

Bronco Guru
I would go with the ProComp Mud Terrains and here is why. I know a few guys that have them and theylove them both on and off road. They will be a little noisier than an AT but I think MTs looks so much better that is worth a little sound. And the ProComp MTs are supposed to be a little quiter than the BFGs.<br><br>This will be my next set of tires.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
66Horse, I have Pro-Comp MT's and I can tell you that they ARE NOT quieter than BFG's. Pro-Comps are dead-silent when you first get them (siping on the tread that doesn't go down all the way!) then when the siping wears off (first 20% of tread life) they get the characteristic Mud Terrain scream on the freeway. Mine were the first batch out so they are a good tire; however, the later tires have an extremely soft rubber compound that makes them wear at an unbelievable rate. On a 2800 lb Cherokee (about 1200 lbs lighter than my Bronco) with open differentials the tires are almost gone after about 12,000 miles. As for my 33 x 12.50's on 10 inch rims, they have gone 16,000 miles and have minimal tread wear and seem to perform quite well in the rain, the Mud and Offroad. I know, I'm sending mixed signals. My Brother and I bought Pro-Comps when they first came out, and we have had phenomenal results with them. Despite our success with them, I've seen at least 30 trucks that wear them so incredibly quickly that a TSL Bogger would have lasted far longer. Just my input. Oh yeah Detroits will eat these tires for lunch if you're not careful.