• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best riding leaf springs

DuramaxC10

I am in the market for new leafs springs for a 2/5 inch lift kit I had on the truck

NYLES

Bronco Guru
TBP 10 leaf.......ride sweet! flex great! your butt will like em!

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
wild horses does not sell deavers. they are their own spec. they work well.

springs are only part of the equasion. you need to think about what shocks you plan to use to control the spring. good springs with bad shocks still won't work well & vice versa.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
wild horses does not sell deavers. they are their own spec. they work well.

springs are only part of the equasion. you need to think about what shocks you plan to use to control the spring. good springs with bad shocks still won't work well & vice versa.

This!

I felt an amazing improvement when I put on the Wild Horses 11 pack springs however they really woke up when I added a set of in boarded bilstien 7100's

coachcal

Ok not to hijack but I have a 2.5 in lift on my daily driver and am about to buy new leafs also. I have bilstein 5100's. Wildhorses still best bet?

techlaf

Contributor
BC has kind of a hybrid 9 pack that some say is the best on-road riding suspension leaf. They're all far better than stock so I might lean toward whoever gives you the cheapest overall price with shipping included.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I suggest Deavers because that's what I have and I like them allot.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-13254-super-flex-leaf-pack-2-5in-11-leaf-h08.html

X2.

Deaver Leafs are great but for the best ride swap out your coils and shocks too.

Right after I bought my rig I replaced the factory 5 pack leafs and 3 " blocks with the 11 pack Deaver leafs from JBG, drove it 970 miles to Maine.

Needed coils to replace the old junk, installed new Deaver coils and replaced the suspension bushings at the same time....drove it like that for about 6 month's.

Figured it was time for shocks so I installed new Bilstein 5100's and now it rides better than my pickup.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
When I changed out my Rancho 5000's for Bilstein 7100's, I really noticed how bad my steering geometry was. Now that the suspension actually moves. All better now. I have Deaver 4.5 leafs and Duff 3.5 coils.