• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best tires for road and sand

Marsh

I need to get a new set of tires. In the summer i drive on some pretty soft beaches a couple times a week. So I need a tire that is good on the highway and the sand. Any suggestions?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I need to get a new set of tires. In the summer i drive on some pretty soft beaches a couple times a week. So I need a tire that is good on the highway and the sand. Any suggestions?

The best tire for those two missions is hands down,

The BFG All Terrain

Not the Mud Terrain or Long Trail, or Baja.

The BFG All Terrain "may" be one of the best tires made in the last 35 years.

OP
OP
M

Marsh

The best tire for those two missions is hands down,

The BFG All Terrain

Not the Mud Terrain or Long Trail, or Baja.

The BFG All Terrain "may" be one of the best tires made in the last 35 years.

Thanks, ill look in to those. I currently have the Goodyear duratrac wranglers. But they are getting pretty bald and noisy.

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
i would add the yokohama at/s to the list.

little better than the BFG on the street especially in the rain. took the pathfinder to the dunes once on them and the z71 once on the beach and both did just fine.

The BFG is a great tire as well.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Another vote for the BFG AT.

Soft sand?
The widest tire you can fit.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have never owned a truck tire with as good of wet road manners as the BFG A/T.
I have had many different tires through the years. I have been running BFG A/T's since the mid 80's.
I have gotten as much as 69,000 miles out of a set of rear position BFG A/T's. In fact I still have one of those in my garage.

For me there are only two eb tires I will buy.

BFG A/T's

And

Mickey Thompson MTZ mud tires.

You may be able to buy "as good" but in my opinion you "cannot" buy better.