• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Top verses Rampage Top

agent orange

I would like to know the difference between the Rampage top and the Best top? There certainly is a difference in price! Thanks, Bryan

OP
OP
A

agent orange

Hey thanks for the info. I think you made up my mind! I'll be loking for a buy on a best top. Thanks, Bryan

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I've had both and love the quality and fit of the Bestop (green EB with black top), but hate the "hump" in the middle it has compared to the sleeker lines of the SCT/Rampage (red EB with white top). Just my opinion, but you be the judge ;D

Attachments

• 76_WPE Sp09.jpg
    76_WPE Sp09.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Spring 2009 086.jpg
    Spring 2009 086.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 203
  • 1973 Bronco_pass side.jpg
    1973 Bronco_pass side.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 1973 Bronco_Jan08 001.jpg
    1973 Bronco_Jan08 001.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 170

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
The STC/Rampage top is an easier up-down convertible top. The besttop is not that easy to put down. It all depends on where you live and how tight you require your top to be. Some installs of the STC/Rampage style top are pretty tight and water/wind tight. I never bothered as I usually dont run windows in it anyway. Good luck with your choice.

Jay1clarke

Loc.
Solon, Ohio
I just ordered a Rampage top - I reasearched tops for awhile now. I think that Best top quality is probably better and easier to install (less drilling), the top doesn't fold down without removing that i could find. The Rampage is a little cheaper, folds down nice, and it comes in colors, best top is only avaiable in black.

BC has an awsome top for $1500 shipped and does Can Back, but there frame work is permanent and does not fold. Basically there tops are a hard top, but the canvas can be removed.

I'm rolling the dice on the Rampage, if I do or don't like it I'll sure share my opinion.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I have both the STC and the Bestop. I like the Bestop better plus they offered it in colors back then. Mine is white.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
All depends on your preference, both are great tops..

SP66

Bronco Guru
Rampage

Never had the Bestop but I had the choice and after speaking directly with both companies went with the Rampage. The Fastrac system is simple and works great after you get comfortable with it. If you want a true convertible, Rampage drops real quick whereas the Bestop really only becomes a Safari top. It is less expensive and high quality.

Last edited:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Ok, I think I am gonna go with the Rampage as well! Now the question is about the Black Diamond Denim. Is it worth the extra cost???

SP66

Bronco Guru
denim

If you won't miss the shine on your top or prefer it did not shine go with the denim. I bought mine from Bronco Graveyard, price was right and customer service great. I can endorse the product. I'm putting another Rampage on my new build.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Im pretty sure that I am going with the Rampage with the Denim/Black Diamond cloth.

Canadianbacon

Loc.
Alberta, Canada
i also want a soft top. Can someone show me pics of a top down? Do you have to leave up a frame? that would look pretty weird.

I want one just for travelling in case i hit rain. How long does it take to put them up?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
dont need to leave the frame up. The only part you have to take off is the door frame supports for the top. And that is easy and it will fit behind the rear seat. I can put down my Rampage in less than 5 minutes and a little more to put it back up. With a little extra weather stripping and being very careful when installing you can get the Rampage to fit really tight. The only issue I had with Rampage was the stiching on my top broke down and a few seems started to pull apart after only 2 years. But my top was a very early version and I believe they have fixed this.