• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Top vs Fast Track (Kayline)

G

Anyone have an opinion on which top is better and why? I ordered a Fast Track top but it was a month minimum before it would arrive so I was thinking of going w/ the best top. I wanted to put it on before the Woodward Dream Cruise here in Michigan. Any response is much apprediated.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
My only complaints against my Supertop is non tinted windows and you have to flip the whole top onto the hood to remove it from the c channel.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=iwlbcnu link=board=5;threadid=20372;start=0#msg156693 date=1058987593]
............ you have to flip the whole top onto the hood to remove it from the c channel.
[/quote]

:eek: you got to be kidding me :eek: that is so wrong.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I have the Older Kayline top. It's OK. I don't like how this one doesn't have the sides, and back that zips out - you have to roll it up.. My GF has a new bestop on her CJ-5. I like it a lot. The doors are quality, the sides and back zip out pretty quick, and over all, there isn't much stuff flappin around in the wind. Everything is pulled tight.
If I were to do it again, I'd prolly get the Bestop for my EB

hakstooy

Loc.
Alexandria, VA
I've been looking lately myself, and from what I've gathered the Kayline is easier to convert (on/off) and seals better. I just think its frumpy-looking.

However, I asked Bestop what they were doing for their redesign, and they listed a whole bunch of improvements that would seem to make it superior.

I'm gonna wait til they finish and see what the deal is. Sides we only got another 2 months tops of warm weather here, so I can wait til next spring easy. Plenty else to do.

Alex

Loc.
Indiana
I have a fastr ack top. it works well and is quiet. I roll up the back window alot. If I drop the top it tends to stay down for a few weeks to a month. But at least I dont have to throw it on the hood to drop it.

bro7s.jpg

Wish I knew why pics dont work?

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
My problem with Kayline is that you have to relocate the wiper motor and you cannot open the tail gate without undoing the top. BesTop has a bar that spans the tailgate allowing you to open the gate while Kayline attaches to the tailgate

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
All I can say is Ive been waiting for 1 1/2 years for Bestop to get their act together on their top. I believe they can pull it off if heads are removed from.......well the jeep tops are super....whats so hard about a bronco? I will wait for the re...redesign just because I'm not liking what is out there now from any of them. ::)

OP
OP
G

Thanks for all of your replies. I think I will wait for the new Bestop design as well. I only have another month or two of shine as well, so I am going to wait until Spring (maybe do some other mods meantime). I think I will just take the hard top off for the dream cruise then put it back on for the winter. Anyone going to be in Mi for the cruise?

hakstooy

Loc.
Alexandria, VA
[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=20372;start=0#msg156794 date=1059001519]
All I can say is Ive been waiting for 1 1/2 years for Bestop to get their act together on their top. I believe they can pull it off if heads are removed from.......well the jeep tops are super....whats so hard about a bronco? I will wait for the re...redesign just because I'm not liking what is out there now from any of them. ::)
[/quote]

Perhaps we could get some list together of people that would be interested in a redesigned top comparable to the jeep tops, and send it to them. Simply getting names and emails together to ask for info as soon as they decide to get with the program. (Maybe just names so we don't end up on some spam list somewheres) This would give them a taste of the potential customer base should they get their acts together.

Hopefully this would inspire them to get something together by next spring.