• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop rebate

McLeod

I'm still on backorder with JBG.

The rebate "mail in by" date has come and gone.
They have also raised their price to the $514.99 that every one else seems to be asking, but are still out of stock.

I love perpetual back orders...

OP
OP
amfw

amfw

I'm still on backorder with JBG.

The rebate "mail in by" date has come and gone.
They have also raised their price to the $514.99 that every one else seems to be asking, but are still out of stock.

I love perpetual back orders...

Woof. As said above, they come up on Amazon as basically an open box item from time to time, usually priced around 350. But I also ordered them twice and have had the package lost twice, so who knows. Not sure if you've seen my other thread but I scored some uppers for 100 bucks and have basically built the lowers from scratch...
b4b5393a8ed85f6324a29c793860bf70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McLeod

Looks like a good project you have going. Turned out nice!

I am just going to wait it out and see if THEY just end up cancelling my order or filling it.

After driving around with the top on, minus the doors, I really enjoy that. At this point i am not sure I really care about the doors because I have no plans on driving it in rain or really cold weather.

OP
OP
amfw

amfw

Looks like a good project you have going. Turned out nice!

I am just going to wait it out and see if THEY just end up cancelling my order or filling it.

After driving around with the top on, minus the doors, I really enjoy that. At this point i am not sure I really care about the doors because I have no plans on driving it in rain or really cold weather.

haha yeah, the curiosity factor is high!

Im with you with regards to the no doors being ideal. I'm a bikini top, no doors kinda guy myself. Its the best. BUT, I do like to stretch my legs a bit now and then, and do some multi day trips (camping, visiting friends etc). I don't like turning down invites because I cant guarantee that I wont have to drive back in the rain.

McLeod

I am still on back order with JBG on these doors.
Several months back they had confirmed that my order is valid and will keep me in cue if/when they become available.

Just last week I noticed that their website once again shows the soft doors as available, albeit at a much higher price, so I call them and yes they say that they have "one set".
When I ask if they will send it to me to fulfill my March back order they claim it is spoken for by someone else (but yet they are "in stock?").

I am really beginning to wonder if my soft doors will ever materialize with the March order or if they are stalling to perhaps get the higher price they are now asking.

OP
OP
amfw

amfw

I am still on back order with JBG on these doors.
Several months back they had confirmed that my order is valid and will keep me in cue if/when they become available.

Just last week I noticed that their website once again shows the soft doors as available, albeit at a much higher price, so I call them and yes they say that they have "one set".
When I ask if they will send it to me to fulfill my March back order they claim it is spoken for by someone else (but yet they are "in stock?").

I am really beginning to wonder if my soft doors will ever materialize with the March order or if they are stalling to perhaps get the higher price they are now asking.
That really sucks, I am sorry man. I just placed my THIRD order with amazon for a "used, very good" set (only says packaging is damaged).
This time the total was $348.95 shipped... Hopefully they wont lose or break them this time... I would just keep checking Amazon if I were you.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

McLeod

Haha, I finally got my doors in on Friday from JBG.
Got them installed later that day.
$359 = 39.70 tax and 72.51 shipping puts me in at a total of $471.31 for the doors.

Although the build quality is great, I don't think i would buy them again knowing what I know about them now.

My door inserts are KbarS parts from mid 90's.
The new doors don't fully go down into the lower radius of the door inserts the way i would prefer.
Also, the door in general drags on the paint job, which over time will scratch or damage the paint.
The fiberglass inserts do have some give to them so you can't get too rough with the doors otherwise they may rip out of the fiberglass. A project for another day may be to reinforce the door hinge attachment to the fiberglass insert.
You need to lift the door slightly when giving the final push to get the door to latch.
The supplied latches are very nice quality.

I am quite certain that the doors will be less than weather tight. Too many gaps and voids considering how WET it is here.

The passenger side mirror also needs to be extended because the door totally blocks it out. I have a new Grote SS extension on order to remedy that problem.

They should work good for keeping some heat in when driving it while below 60 degrees though.

OP
OP
amfw

amfw

Haha, I finally got my doors in on Friday from JBG.
Got them installed later that day.
$359 = 39.70 tax and 72.51 shipping puts me in at a total of $471.31 for the doors.

Although the build quality is great, I don't think i would buy them again knowing what I know about them now.

My door inserts are KbarS parts from mid 90's.
The new doors don't fully go down into the lower radius of the door inserts the way i would prefer.
Also, the door in general drags on the paint job, which over time will scratch or damage the paint.
The fiberglass inserts do have some give to them so you can't get too rough with the doors otherwise they may rip out of the fiberglass. A project for another day may be to reinforce the door hinge attachment to the fiberglass insert.
You need to lift the door slightly when giving the final push to get the door to latch.
The supplied latches are very nice quality.

I am quite certain that the doors will be less than weather tight. Too many gaps and voids considering how WET it is here.

The passenger side mirror also needs to be extended because the door totally blocks it out. I have a new Grote SS extension on order to remedy that problem.

They should work good for keeping some heat in when driving it while below 60 degrees though.

kTwe5vASLzYI0mmoUV0n0G80h40ACh3dNhZPPF9WY0AdLRWmXNEPYD9_iDzhSXE594wFdrZrla7CCqj1DoeCQWuyBqXCJK10VsC88AsnKdTcJ1uv7qm7eAhrj65U5zkZzPIfPEmzKANMYWm7xQGFzlMsuh2FL0wI-Y2hlPNIvIxvatcpL8xFc0ih_6O-ZiPKyuNf6iJwAM7b0lZFajmzVmI1RdylhghnL_8S2-m8jT48XwCupB1tzmu66ahgY379ABlWz5goXGZcRhkErArLTew4eMM0kaAGu2Rrz91PXrWLrDsHA9y8LyAOHJWnm-dwhwBqC5MvtlNjMlRHvWXiGmY7X5C2w8rq2VE22iHsm2pgETDslLxwXtBH3bIvrb1IlDUin640jEIZ9ARWYWny3ALfKe9jblSOlHM4bWAokGjjBKxS7BTUB2gh3xHQhZq2QnQysoWTuBsGXP6Enn2hB7chsPc2_WtFK4PUd7fOgvcsDhHI6jG7xBPQNS7TsEyQ-YILPpvHP3Kyxlc2sqyaU3wk3O49_jxV651oFEUFMHTGi2TwpmAtJkIRubgsRbWQgp1mjNE-dyPuqN3Npth30LWxWXGdcfN9uOyJY28WzQU28b5w55nH5X0D_VLn4QM5WmB24GBSPGk5OlDrfCsOCPOpHwwdl4IiLlyJpIl1kgYOzd6ybgGZgIPSwCd2a_bg87w4D506bv9pAPj8DnaF0Bnb=w1010-h757-no
Glad you got them! Mine showed up too. Condition is like brand new, just box was ripped. Haven't installed them yet, but no real surprises on my end. I had a pair on my CJ7 years ago so kind of familiar with their quirks. I agree about the flimsiness of the inserts but last time I had them out I layered on a bunch more glass mat and resin for added strength.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk