• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Beware of Second Chance Offers ON 1976 BRONCO

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
HERE IS THE SECOND CHANCE OFFER ON THE LOW MILE (1780 MI.) 1976 BRONCO THAT CHAD BOUGHT. I REPLIED JUST TO MESS WITH THE GUY AND ASKED WHERE I COULD SEND ALL MY MONEY TO TO PAY FOR IT:

Second Chance Offer
Item: 1976 Ford : Bronco (330027430595)
This message was sent after the listing closed.

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for US $5,050.00 on Sep-10-06 21:13:34 PDT is now available for purchase:

1976 Ford : Bronco (330027430595)
Your Price: US $5,050.00
Offer end date: 5 business days

Second Chance Offer
The seller is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection.

Act Now - This Offer Expires Soon
To take advantage of this opportunity, please act quickly. This offer expires in 5 days.

You may purchase this item by contacting the seller in this email salescars10@gmail.com
To learn more about Second Chance Offer, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/

Marketplace Safety Tip

You can be sure a Second Chance Offer is from your seller when you get the eBay invoice.

Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the community by reporting it.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright © 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Attachments

• 121A.jpg
    121A.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
HERE IS WHAT I RECEIVED BACK WHEN I ASKED THE GUY WHERE ICOULD SEND ALL MY MONEY

.Hello,
Thanks for writing back.
First let me tell you that currently I am in Budapest, Hungary with my job.The car is also here at the shipping co. crated and ready for delivery.
Shipping will be done using DAS Auto Shippers and shouldn't take more than 7-10 days for the car to arrive at your address. The shipping fees will be covered by me. The car will be insured at the shipping company for transport. Payment will be made through eBay so we can be both protected!
Mail me back if you are interested!
Thanks!

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is there any way to stop these people or trace them down from doing this type of scam?

Wasn't sure where to post all of this, so Jon...move it to the forum that it needs to be if this isn't the one:)

Thanks

Blue71

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Unfortunately, It's common on all higher priced auctions on ebay.
It happened to a buddy of mine who bid on a tractor that he didn't win.
He notified ebay, but it's as common as "phishing" emails.
Just something else to know about and beware of.
There's some real lowlifes in this world. %)

69marquisragtop

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
It's amazing how these scammers will try anything to win at their game. Obviously I probably don't need to mention this, but I have not and will not need to send any second chance offers.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That happened to me also. Now I check the scam section on ebay for updates on current scams. It tells you what's the lastest scams and what not to do like send then money through western union because they don't have paypal or can't mail them check. Scum sucking crooks...

Eugene

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I narked off someone to Ebay that copied Mike's (bronconut) ebay add for his black 76 verbatim and copied his pictures and was trying to sell it for around 6,000. I think Mike got 16+ for it on the auction. I also emailed Mike and let him know. The next time I checked the listing it was removed.

I think those of us in the bronco community could kind of watch out for each other. I would have posted this, but since ebay removed the auction so quick, I thought none of us would have bit on it. In hindsight, I should have posted it so everyone was aware, especially newbies looking to get their first bronco.

John

77BroncoSport

Loc.
Sandy, UT
I had someone try to pull a scam on me with a laptop I sold on Ebay. He wanted it shipped to Nigera, on business New Zeland, gift for his son, and claimed to live in Minnesota. There are people that go to internet cafe's all day long and pulls these scams-and are succesful in a lot of cases. Nigera is huge for scamming. This was a $230 laptop. I still send the guy a harrassing email now and then.

D ROCK

Guys not to beat the dead horse but, be careful with scoring broncos from ebay. There was one I was interested in not to long ago in Enfield, which is about 3 1/2 hours from me. The description and pictures showed this great looking ride. The only problem with the desciption was what he was calling it was year that didn't have dual tanks but this one did. I rode up to look at it- not even close. The pictures didn't show the doors not fitting tight at the rocker so I knew something was up. I crawled up under it and much to my suprise this dude had taken the front of one and rear of another and patched it together with roofing tar. Nor was the tubed frame mentioned. He kept telling me what great shape it was in. I told him if I was interested I'd bid for it on E-bay. Needless to say I didn't.:cool:

gasspaser

Loc.
St Petersburg FL
the second chance scam....OK here is what goes on....(even in the states)

A buddy of the seller bids it up to out bid your max bid. When the buyer (the guys buddy) backs out, they offer it to another 2nd higest bidder ( or buyer)

That way they are sure to get your mx bid.... Beware 2nd chances...

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
"the second chance scam....OK here is what goes on....(even in the states)

A buddy of the seller bids it up to out bid your max bid. When the buyer (the guys buddy) backs out, they offer it to another 2nd higest bidder ( or buyer)

That way they are sure to get your mx bid.... Beware 2nd chances..."

That probably happens as well but atleast in that case you are getting the product.
The scam refurred to in this thread is when someone other than the seller offers the second chance with no intention of providing the product.