• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bikini top on bc Broncos header / frame

rockerZ71

Loc.
Lawrenceville GA
I have been wanting to try and see how this looks, finally did. I kinda like it - fits over the roll bar and first crossbar of the bc frame nicely, and also the side metal curved things above the Windows cover the gap that was there with the bikini top to keep rain out. I like to run it with no top at all these days just the frame, and put the top portion from bc on when I know it's gonna rain. I'll prob keep the bikini top in the truck for when I'm going topless but am slightly concerned about weather

Just in case anyone else wanted to know what it would look like

hamuqytu.jpg
qy5y5a6y.jpg
ydy4epuq.jpg
ty8enaty.jpg
a4aqagaq.jpg
aze6u6as.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just came back to check it out again. I like it too. Has a good look. Almost screams for a full family-bikini though. Make use out of the rest of the bars and cover the whole interior. Unless that feature is already part of the top and you just wanted to utilize the short bikini?

Not sure how your top is put together Chuck, but is it panelized in such a way that it works as a "safari" top too? I thought so, but not sure if I've seen it that way.
I think it'd be super cool (no pun intended) to have the short bikini covering the driver and a breezer top material for the rest. Would look uber-custom.

And speaking of custom rocker, is your Bronco's body original? If so, have you ever joined in on the discussions of '77's without gas doors? Don't remember, but we've talked about it many times over the years. Sometimes it's one door vs two, or none at all.
Good looking setup either way.

Paul

OP
OP
rockerZ71

rockerZ71

Loc.
Lawrenceville GA
I got some comments at super celebration last week about my bronco being a 77 even though title says 76 but other than that I've never discussed the specifics of 77s

The bc top can be run as a "safari top" and that is the only way I use it now that it's warm. It's a little bulky to stash that top portion though, and I really prefer no top at all. A full family bikini top would be cool - but I've got a normal one already and not much storage space -- standard bikini top fits easily in the box behind my back seat just in case.

OP
OP
rockerZ71

rockerZ71

Loc.
Lawrenceville GA
Although given my audience on this thread.... if anyone wants to send a full bikini top my way I'm more than happy to post pictures :)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got some comments at super celebration last week about my bronco being a 77 even though title says 76 but other than that I've never discussed the specifics of 77s.

What month was it built? Sounds like an August/September '76 build from the looks of things.
Reason I mentioned '77 was because of the unique-to-'77 model rear side marker lights being vertical.

It may have been discussed here before, but I don't remember anyone else having a '76 with the '77 side markers.
Pretty cool to see another unique oddball transition part. I always enjoy seeing and learning something new.

Paul

OP
OP
rockerZ71

rockerZ71

Loc.
Lawrenceville GA
What month was it built? Sounds like an August/September '76 build from the looks of things.
Reason I mentioned '77 was because of the unique-to-'77 model rear side marker lights being vertical.

It may have been discussed here before, but I don't remember anyone else having a '76 with the '77 side markers.
Pretty cool to see another unique oddball transition part. I always enjoy seeing and learning something new.

Paul

Thanks for that info, I need to dig deeper to verify but I just learned of the difference of the '77 marker lights last week, interesting that those couple months of '76 had that as well. I don't know the month it was built and the thing inside the drivers door is gone, is there another way to determine that?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...I don't know the month it was built and the thing inside the drivers door is gone, is there another way to determine that?

The VIN of a '77 will tell the exact sequence, and therefore should be able to determine the date (down to the exact day maybe?) of manufacture.
I'm not a VIN guru though, so someone who knows that stuff will hopefully chime in, or you can go to one of the VIN calculator charts online. I think one of them is broncohio.com.
There database has been determined to have some flaws, but I thought that was more for the earlier models. So your '77 info might be more accurate.

Paul