• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bikini with after market wiper motors?

castlewa

Loc.
Bellingham, Washingt
I did a search and did not find anything specific to answer my question so here I go. I want to put a bikini top on my rig. I don't want to buy one if it won't fit. I have never had a bikini top before so I do not know exactly how they mount and so on. My understanding is that the hardware mounts into the wholes where my hard top was. I have after market electric wiper motors that rise about level with the windshield. Am I going to have to go bikini-less? Thanks in advance for any help to shed light on this subject.

This may seem like a dumb question but here is a bit more information. The back of my roll bar sits 48 inches from my windshield and the tie down bolts are at the very back of the bed. Thanks and I aplogize if this is such a basic question.

Last edited:

bluebroncodrive

The bikini top should fit there is a winshield riser that you have to buy it bolts to the windsield frame it adds about 2 inches to the frame

turtle

Loc.
Louisville, KY
As above, the bikini top should come with a riser. Just bolt the riser to the windshield like your hardtop. I got a top from Toms bronco.

Only issue for you would be the tie down points. With my top (from Toms), the straps only reach to the tire wells. You may need extensions to reach the back of the bed. Or simply reposition your tie down points.

OP
OP
castlewa

castlewa

Loc.
Bellingham, Washingt
I went to Tom's Broncos site and it doesn't say the length of the top from the windshield to the back of the bar. I need to cover 48 inches to the back of my roll bar. How long are your tops or am I looking at a custom top?

Thanks again.

turtle

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Four feet seems pretty far?. My roll bar sits in front of the rear fender well. Not sure what that distance is, but I can check my top tonight and let you know the actual size.

Can also give them a call. They've always been real helpful.