• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bilstein 5125 rear shocks

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
Okay... now that the body is off the frame it looks like my rear Bilstein 5125 shocks (I think they are 12 inch bodies... but I am checking with Lee at race shock to what was the exact size I ordered) offer very little up and down travel.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the body size I should have for the rears? I have a 3.5 suspension lift with no body lift.

Thanks,

Matt

joe

Bronco Guru
i got the 5125, love em. but i put mine in front of the rear axle. with a 2" body lift the fit right against the body on my home made mount and let the spring travel all the way out, added an inch to the bump stops to keep from blowing them out, there acually only 11.8" travel i believe.

OP
OP
mkaenel

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
i got the 5125, love em. but i put mine in front of the rear axle. with a 2" body lift the fit right against the body on my home made mount and let the spring travel all the way out, added an inch to the bump stops to keep from blowing them out, there acually only 11.8" travel i believe.

My 5125's are on the rear... I have 7100's on the front. Sorry for not clarifying.

Matt

joe

Bronco Guru
My 5125's are on the rear... I have 7100's on the front. Sorry for not clarifying.

Matt

you said rears.
so are mine, mounted on the front side of the REAR axel housing, i'll try to get some pics this weekend, i went with 5150 on the front, love them too.

OP
OP
mkaenel

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
you said rears.
so are mine, mounted on the front side of the REAR axel housing, i'll try to get some pics this weekend, i went with 5150 on the front, love them too.

Joe,

What size body or length of shock did you use for the 5125's on the rear and pics would help alot.

Thanks,

Matt