• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA Black 68 in TX

AWinGa

New to site.
Been looking for an EB for a number of months.

Don't want a project - just too old and not a mechanic.
So looking for something restored without too much mods.

Been taking my time. Looked at some locally that were far from what was advertised.
Missed out on some. Missed Hank's in MI bahama blue one that I was considering on ebay - saw on here too late.

Any comments on condition, modifications, and appropriate pricing for this one which has been at a consignment dealer in TX for a while

http://texasclassiccarsofdallas.com/1968 Ford Bronco/1968 Ford Bronco 4wheel.htm

If this gets posted twice apologize - tried once earlier and didn't seem to go thru.

OP
OP
A

AWinGa

elan

Thanks.

I don't mind the mods to this one. I see the rear fenders have been cut and the tailgate is not a bronco tailgate, but overall ok.

The one that Hank had on this site and ebay is about as far as I would go in modifications.

Not really looking for pure stock. Would like some of the standard modernization items - ps, pb, disc at least on front, efi, 3" or so lift, suspension upgrade, etc. I don't mind doing some of those things just not all.

This Black Bronco was in GA a couple of years ago. Looks like this owner did a few upgrades and new engine and A/C.

Patience wearing down, but not quite for that asking

wepuckett

Just a sugestion but if your looking for something in particular maybe Baja Fresh from Nashville has one either almost built you could pick the last few things out on or built you could pick up and you know you would be getting a quality Bronco from someone that builds them regularly.

Or if your really want a nice one you could go to Nix Trix's and get one built

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the black paint, but wouldn't have thought so.

Nice truck and some excellent attention to detail, but 55k is too high....especially with that ridiculous side-tunnel floor shifter. I don't know why anyone would have that in their Bronco.

TheGanzman

Loc.
San Clemente
I've been tracking THAT particular Bronco for YEARS! It's been for sale from the current dealer for a L-O-N-G time too. It was nice BEFORE whoever owns it currently (I am assuming here that it's on consignment w/this dealer, but they could actually own it) did what they did to it. Is it worth it? Well, if you like it EXACTLY as it is, I would say go for it, assuming that you can't build one like it yourself. *I* personally like it, and would trade my '69 plus $ for it - IF it wasn't so much $! I would NOT buy it without driving the sh*t out of it first, and crawling all over it to make sure that EVERYTHING is tip-top.

The "trouble" with "done Broncos" at this price point is that unless you like every single thing that was done, you're gonna wanna do some changes/additions yourself, and you'll already be WAY "upside down"!

On edit: I just watched/listened to the video again - that engine sounds like it has a gear-drive. As an old-time hot rodder, I can tell you that NOTHING is more ANNOYING than listening to a f*cking gear-drive when you're driving! I had a '65 GTO with a built 455 in it when I bought it - I could NOT yank that gear-drive out of it fast enough! Listening to that video brought back ALL the bad memories...