• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blame Stacey David and Crazy Horse!!

rixtasan

Contributor
I'm new to this forum and was asked to share a little bit of info about myself and my steed. I live and work in Alamogordo, NM. It's a nice place to live and and is close to many great wheeling locations. I can ride the trails and dunes in the desert by morning and cruise up to the mountains and wheel on logging trails by afternoon.

I started surfing this forum about a year and a half ago when I bought my Bronco, but never signed up. Thought it was about time I did. This forum has been a great tool in my search for "Bronco Enlightenment".

How it all started:
One a quiet Sunday afternoon I just happened to be watching a show called "Trucks" on Spike TV. Just happened to be the a re-run of the "Crazy Horse" project truck. Well guess what, I fell in love!!

I initially bought my Bronco to be a daily driver and searched locally and in the nearby towns for it. After looking at about 10 different trucks I was able to score a good deal on my '71. %) %) The previous owner was an engineer and he had done alot of mechanical upgrades, but he didn't care much for upgrading the look. It was now up to me to work on her looks. Anyway his loss my gain. Sadly, most of the Broncos I looked at were rust buckets, even here with the dry southwest climate.

As I said it was supposed to be a daily driver, dents and all, but things suddenly snowballed as they often do. My Bronco is the third member in my corral, so I'm familiar with this snowball effect. I also own a '65 Mustang and a '70 Maverick. What can I say, gotta love those Fords! ;D

As purchased my Bronco had the following done;
Fresh Rebuilt 302, Edelbrock carb, electronic ignition, NP 435 conversion, 4.11 gears front/rear, Rhino lined tub, new wiring throughout, 3 1/2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, Ch**y disk brakes, Warn hubs, Duff's dual shock mounts front/rear, Rancho RS9000 shocks, 33x12.50R15 BFGs on 15x8 chrome steel wheels

My upgrades;
New paint (complete color change), rebuilt door hinges and window mechanisms, Wild Horses Classic Scoop hood w/stainless hinges and urethane hood pins, Procar Elite seats, Tuffy center console, new lenses/bezels all-around, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Duff's Trail-Flex flares, 35x12.50R15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs on 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Dennis Carpenter complete weather stripping

Near Future;
pre-runner bumpers front and rear, rock skis, Hella auxilary lights, rock crusher steering

I really hope you guys like my Bronco and thanks to everyone for all the great information. I only hope that someday I can help someone else out. When miy wife starts to complain about my addiction, I just say, "Blame Stacey David and Crazy Horse!!" Here are some before and after pics. Enjoy!! ;D ;D
14565Copy_of_9-R1-15-7A.JPG
145653a-med.JPG
145652a-med.JPG

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Very nice change, that is a slick one. Welcome to the site
Skiddy

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Well done! I like what you have done. I sure hope to get mine looking good soon. Like yours, mine is fairly solid mechanically, but looks are another issue.

J.D.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Very nice. That is actually really close to the color scheme that I am planning for mine.

NM is great, isn't it? ;D

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Sweet looking rug you got there but let us see your whole Ford Family

Hazegray

Nice truck! Being from Las Cruces, I purchased my Bronco from Alamogordo a few years back. Also, I found a secret place in New Mexico where Bronco's abound. I'm going to hit it up when I get outta Commifornia next December! ;D

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
you scared me....
i thought it was going to be purple :p
or have an homage to the late 80's mural on the side %)

wow. i like. clean. very nice work. keep doing it. ;)

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
that thing is slick I wish i would have kept mine on road only it looked clean for a little while till my first trip to disney. Howie and jake where there.

Merlin76

Stacey is a bastard.... Not only am I jealous of that sweet shop and seemingly unlimited funding, but most of the projects he has make me want to build one myself. Unfortunately, it takes me 3 years where it takes him like 3 months...

Love his work, and would love to have his job/skills/shop/etc, and he seems like a great guy.... But I hate him! ;P

BG's 68 Bronco

You make me jealous! Awesome rig

Merlin76 I agree with you. Maybe we should see if Stacey would start a Trucks! version of the Aprrentice... I'd be there in a heart beat, as long as Canadians were invited eh! ;D