• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

blinking headlights

natec73

gentlemen, i need help. my headlights are flashing and i can't figure it out.
details: 74 Bronco 302. after about 5 minutes of driving at night, my headlights will begin to blink on and off: both low beams and high beams. the key to remember, is that it ONLY begins after the engine has warmed up. also, the dash lights are not effected by this at all.
until yesterday, only one of my head lights worked when on low beam. the low beams would NOT blink, but the high beams (both headlights worked) would blink. so i replaced the headlight that was not working. so, now that both work, they both blink.
does anyone have any idea what this could be? are the headlights heating up and causing a short circut of some kind? is it a fuse? a relay?

thanks for your help.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
check the switches. The high beam switch on the floor is usually the first to go. Otherwise could be the switch ion the dash. When it acts up reach under dash and wiggle the wires on the back of the switch and see what happens.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Change out your headlight switch it has circuit breakers in it for the head lights they get old and once warmed up it will blink the headlights on and off. Also make sure all the grounds are good. one way to prevent this problem is to install relays for the headlights you will get brighter lights and should never have a switch problem again.

OP
OP
N

natec73

thanks

thanks guys. i just checked some old posts and it seems like this is a common problem. i'll go replace the headlight switch today.