• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blue Houndstooth Interior

fasteddie

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I am looking at buying a 73 Explorer that has roughtorn driver and passenger seats which is original blue houndstooth. They definately needs new covers and I love the houndstooth interior. Is there a manufacturer of the correct seatcovers or would I have to recover with the white vinyl. Seems like I can find the white vinyl all day long, but not the houndstooth-blue. Also, the floor mat needs replaced and I really like the Bronco Stamp in front of the 4X4 shifter, does anyone reproduce this item as well. I have heard the EBroncos have a faithful following, and I drove my first one a couple of days ago. I guess you could say that I am hooked as well. What fun little Trucks to drive and they seem very simple. It is great that Ford made so many of these with V8's. Thanks for reading/viewing my post. J. E. Doughty Colorado Springs, CO

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
There is source...somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. I don't know if I still have the info saved. It is expensive.

Don't think the floor mat is reproduced with the bronco emblem.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
upholstererman did give me a place in the pacific northwest and they do have the houndstooth but it doesn't come cheap. The place is SMS auto fabrics in portland, OR phone number is (503)234-1175. They had a perfect match for my ranger interior and you pay upholstererman and he would make the seat covers for you. I was quoted for the houndstooth of 85$/yard (ouch) but it is exactly like the original. good luck. BI

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Check with Omega on the board. I know he has a blue one, not sure if it is the houndstooth though. PM him.

CC135_inND

Loc.
Fayetteville, TN
As far as the floor mat goes I bought mine from Tom's Bronco parts about 10 years ago and it has the bronco script on the tunnel cover. HTH's

broncojack

Contributor
Before you buy any material make sure you have the Houndstooth interior.
The 73 Explorer came from the factory with "Random Stripped Cloth" which is simmilar to the Houndstooth.